Antique New York Knife Company Knives and Company History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fred F. and I are contemporaries! That's why I have a few nice pieces.
Thanks for the comments, Rob, Mark et al.
Mark, you have chosen a good brand to establish as a collection.
The knives are most impressive! And NYK jigging came from an artistic period in knifemaking!

Fred F. and I are contemporaries! That's why I have a few nice pieces.
Thanks for the comments, Rob, Mark et al.
Mark, you have chosen a good brand to establish as a collection.
The knives are most impressive! And NYK jigging came from an artistic period in knifemaking!

Thank you Charlie and well said about the artistry of that period. I will have to take my pics tomorrow, it is dark outside. I have one incoming that might be here tomorrow.

Here's a pic of the old factory on the Wallkill River. I believe this was taken after it was closed down. There are retail stores where the factory once stood.

It's Hammer Time!!! :D:D:D

HAMMER TIME!!!!

Looking forward to seeing the end result, Mark! :thumbup:

vmpqad_zpsc89946b9.jpg~original

Nowhere near as nice as the stuff you guys are showing but I have always thought the frame/pattern interesting on this Whittler.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

A couple of others:

large.jpg

large.jpg

Charlie, Perry, Primble and Brad...nice knives fellers:thumbup: Really like the Barlow Perry, I had one as well that ended up in NZ but not as nice as yours.

Thank you everyone the compliments on my EO:)

My only NYKC. No Hammer brand, New York Knife Co tang stamp. Little single blade with ebony.
Sorry about the pics.
Brad, that splitback cattle knife is a gem!
Peace and Love
JustDave

Here's a pic of the old factory on the Wallkill River. I believe this was taken after it was closed down. There are retail stores where the factory once stood.

I'm only a 20 minute drive from this site and was thinking of taking a ride up to seel if any of the structures are still standing but apparently bdev killed my road trip. Lol

Boy that Eureka has some really fine looking ebony with lots of grain in it!:cool:
Perry

Last edited:
Oh, that's a beauty Gev:thumbup: you combine a great knife like that with "the stump" and it's pure magic buddy:)

Great Pics and great History! Im hoping to contribute to this thread in a couple of days.

Last edited:
I'm only a 20 minute drive from this site and was thinking of taking a ride up to seel if any of the structures are still standing but apparently bdev killed my road trip. Lol

There are only trees left there now, nothing was ever built on that rocky ground.

I must say there are some marvelous knives being shown! That is the fullest blade on a NYK folding hunter i have ever seen Charlie.

Russell

A lot of WOW to my eyes from everyone - the Eureka Jack is just stunning !!! :thumbup::thumbup::eek::)

I had a grease fire in my kitchen tonight and am just now getting everything cleaned up. I am LUCKY to still have a house and knives and kitties !!! My right hand is burned and I threw the flaming pan out the side door and almost caught my car on fire. :eek::eek:

Another lesson learned for Primble! Don't fool around on Blade Forums when frying pork chops! :eek::eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back