Any advantage to the Auto Axis?

I'm got an itch for an Adamas that I'm planning to scratch soon. I haven't been able to find a 275 locally but I did find a new 2750 at a dealer for a very good price. It's actually lower than the prices of the 275 at the online dealers.

I've got 9 Axis knives but I've never owned an Auto Axis. I've got a couple other push button autos but I rarely carry them because I prefer my Axis knives. I can open them as fast as an auto and they're much easier to close with one hand.

As tempted as I am to jump on a great deal on the 2750, I'm just not sure there's any benefit over the 275.
Being more difficult to close and a bit of a pain to send in for service/sharpening are the downsides I've considered.

Any input from those who own or have used an Auto Axis would be greatly appreciated.

It's way way way way stronger than any button lock. That's for damn sure. When you buy into an auto knife though, remember there are weird federal laws about and you have to take those into account. Best to buy one that expensive only if it's legal in your state to own and probably carry, and it's best to buy one from a dealer, so in the case of it needing service you can send it back. Benchmade don't service knives sent back to them without proof of military service for legal reasons. Since it's local I'd say go for it. It's a cool novelty having something that unique and it's a great knife anyway.

It's legal for me to own here and I've got a CCDW permit that allows me to carry it. I carried a Microtech auto as my EDC for years.

The 2750 fires HARD. The first one I handled almost jumped out of my hand when it deployed. I've given up on carrying autos, as they scare people here in OR. Plus, the non-one-handed closing gets old when you've been dealing with the Axis smoothness for so long.

I had one for about a week. I had to make sure I had a good hold on it when I opened it. It was a good solid knife but the auto was just not for me. I would get the regular unless you just really want the auto.

With the A/O Axis models so quick to deliver, I don't find the need for an auto axis. I've owned a 6150 Rukus and while a lot of fun I currently live in Cali where it's not safe to carry one. Courtesy of KnifeRights and others, things are changing; but right now I can carry my Barrages without any worries.

I love the Axis autos. They are ambidextrous, foolproof, easily deployed and very strong.

Come to think of it, that is what I like about all the Axis. :)

The Axis Autos are, imo, easier to use than the push button.

Back