Any chance we get an upgraded Street Beat?

jstn

Gold Member
I've long considered the Street Beat to be the perfect small fixed blade. The VG10 model is fine, but I'd love to see one in an upgraded steel. Nitro V would be awesome, and maybe green micarta. Anyone else have a fantasy Street Beat in mind?

The carbon fiber pattern used on the Kapara would make a fine looking street beat handle material

Anything that holds an edge better VG and is pretty high on stain resistance would be a win

I actually really like the OG street beats micarta handle and would love to see it more. But yes, definitely an updated steel would be exciting.

^^^
I'd be happy if they just brought the satin/micarta model back when I bought mine only the black model was around and It never moved me I got rid of it pretty quick

I've had a love for those older fixed blade Spyderco models ever since they were introduced. The TEMPERANCE 1 model is still my all time favorite and mainly because of the fact that you could get it in SE and PE both>> and the handle design on it and the STREETBEAT both were awesome. I would love a STREETBEAT with a supersteel blade with something like M390 or M-4. But I would also love a full Spyderedged version of the STREETBEAT in CTS-XHP>> which has proven to be a great blade steel for serrated models.

The handle configuration of the STREETBEAT and TEMPERANCE 1 both were almost perfect and maybe a different updated handle material might be really interesting IMO. There were some of those GOLDEN ERA Spyders ( 1998-2006) that were just perfect designs to begin with. I would also like both models with G-10 handles too.

Hit up Blade HQ or DLT. You could talk someone into a M4/Jade G10 or M390/Red G10 that would probably be moderately popular.

I've had a love for those older fixed blade Spyderco models ever since they were introduced. The TEMPERANCE 1 model is still my all time favorite.

The original Temperance and Street BOWIE (who cares about 3” when you can have 5”) need to make a come back in upgraded steels. I also like the old timey models because they don’t have the pointless hole in the blade, but seems there’s no chance of that being repeated.

I’d also be happy to see a fancy version of the Street Bowie in micarta and modern steel. CruWear, anyone?

Back