Any custom knife dealers that purchase collections?

I've dropped out of collecting custom knives over the last couple of years. It's been about 2 years since I bought a new custom knife. I've gotten rid of a few over the last two years. But I still have a few dozen. I hate fleabay and would prefer to just get rid of them in one lot. Can anyone recommend any custom knife dealers who purchase whole collections?

Thanks.
DC

damascuscollect said:
I've dropped out of collecting custom knives over the last couple of years. It's been about 2 years since I bought a new custom knife. I've gotten rid of a few over the last two years. But I still have a few dozen. I hate fleabay and would prefer to just get rid of them in one lot. Can anyone recommend any custom knife dealers who purchase whole collections?
Thanks.
DC

There are quite a few, but I would say that these guys will give you the fairest deal:

1. Tommy Clark, Blue Ridge Knives
2. Les Robertson/Bob Neal
3. Dave Harvey, Nordic Knives

I hope that some of the other Forumites pop up to make recommendations.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

What kind of customs do you have in your collection, and how big is it? It might be different to sell 50 ABS-made bowies and fighters than 25 precious folders.

The top names would get you good money here. Personally, I'm on the lookout for anything by:
- Don Fogg
- Kevin Cashen
- Robb Hudson
And a few others. I am not alone to be interested in those makers.

Cheers,

JD

I would talk to Dave Stark of Steel Addiction knives. I don't know if he does that, but I think it would be worth checking out.

I just recently made a fair deal with Daniel O'Malley from BladeGallery.

Marcel

there are some good recommendations here...it is hard to be specific without knowing what you have

it is a fairly safe assumption that you will probably get less for the group than individually...but again that depends on what knives you have.

i have thinned out my collection a few times over the years. i have had great success selling them on the knife forums (several dealers listed here contacted me and bought knives). it is worth considering if you can put up with the hassle. by reading the forums you will get an idea of what is popular...and that is generally what sells well...as long as you price it appropriately. the cost to do so is quite low here and may be worth a shot. all it takes is one buyer...

i would not consign them ... most of the time it costs you money and sales appear slow. it may be your only viable option if your collection is too specialized or is a poor/slow seller

Back