Any custom made Spyderco designs?

Didn't do a search for this topic so forgive me in advance if this has been a thread topic before.

Spyderco has made some amazing production knives based off of custom designs over the years but i am curious, has any custom knifemaker licensed a Spyderco designed knife and put their own twist on it?

I know the hole has been licensed by a few makers but i'm talking about an entire knife.

If you could have any maker put their own unique twist on a Spyderco blade what would it be and who would make it for you?

Myself i'd love to have a Millie of the identical dimensions made with a slightly thicker blade (+1mm) with a convex grind with a Ti handle with CRK style CF inlays. I'd love to see Sal's logo/signature on that blade.

Share your thoughts and dream designs here.

It's perfectly legitimate for Ed Schempp, Kevin Wilkins, or any other custom maker licensed to use the Spyderhole to make a "one off" custom version of one of their own designs. Finding someone to make a custom version of a Spyderco model they did not design might be more difficult as some would feel it unethical.

I would like to see someone build me a Rookie G10 with jet black ebony scales and a high polish upgraded steel, keeping the same polished domed hardware and add a polished liner.
I want the polish of the hardware and blade to match perfectly.
I thought they did a good job with that on the G10 version.

Kevin Smock used the compression lock (with permission) to make his excellent SK23.
Ot2juXM.jpg

I'd love to own a Stretch with an Odin's Eye Damasteel blade and lockbar (sans Boye dent), and stabilized wood scales. Idea was to use a CF/ZDP-189 Stretch as the donor for the liners, spring, and backspacer. Tried for quite a while to find a maker who was both licensed to use the Spyderhole and willing to take on such a project, with no success.

Back