Any demand for a raven reissue?

Just curious if anyone else wishes eki would do another run of ravens? From what i understand it was the first production knife from the company and i see them go for pretty substantial amounts used. I really like the blade profile, and i imagine they could be made at a competitive cost? Of all the wonderful blades benchmade makes, i believe the griptilian is their all time best seller, which has a similar concept as the raven. While i typically carry my emersons in a emergency only fashion, id love to have a user/ beater if eki made a knife at around 100 dollars. I really like the emerson catalog as it is now, but rather than discontinuing old models for new ones, if they wanted to expand i think a budget model might be a home run for them. And the raven, which is nostalgic with a history of its own, might be a perfect candidate. Any thoughts?

I'd just like to figure out where mine landed...I know it's around here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

I remember those from back in the day, thought they looked good. Never bought one, don't know why - probably lack of funds at the time. As I recall, they were available with different colored handles??? Yeah, I'd go for one! Good idea!

--Larry

If they made the Blackbird I'd get one ... Basically a Raven with G10 scales.

Thanks everyone. I dont think it would be considered a cheap emerson either, but rather a reissue of a classic thats more affordable by design. I'd buy them as gifts and use them for everything. Plus its a great gateway knife for the excellent brand we all like, and would put it reach of a wider customer base. Many times ive tried to show off a knife or flaunt a brand, and the person looses all interest when i quote a price.

I bought a CQC7 and then a Raven back in 1999 when I saw them at a local knife store. The raven was definitely one of my favorite EDCs until the SOCFK-B completely replaced it as my EDC in 2007. While a lower cost option would be interesting, I think Emerson has already done that with their collaborations with Kershaw. The Launch 5 is practically a Raven/Blackbird but in Auto format. Unfortunately I can't carry an Auto where I live or else I'd consider carrying one of the Launch 5's in Grey/Blackwash.

y4mO8gRu3WodJz7zDa3_lES0oVBIEG-SoAsva3eu7eaQPQI4GhuU888OowNZw3-9hXjkbP0VID0ChlD7_y7lNjsjwCVBcyN4rYWsT-tRRNEyvJDn4euQWWqTXR1E9o2XKxYRMvV3pX1ZXvKBAHPO6Zkkv2kh2sLiV0fhvY5XrsEin_en0Jtonjx012_uHOtjyWDCjZrDuNv3Bc0Dzqe8zIGcQ

Last edited:
Great thread!

I’d love a Raven B, Super Raven B or Blackbird.

I’m on the hunt for them. A reissue would be fantastic.

EKI please make it happen.

TOTALLY!!!

The Raven was the absolute first real knife I lusted after when I was a kid, reading knife magazines and realizing there was a larger world out there! By the time I grew up enough to have my own money, the Ravens were extinct, so I went for my second choice- the 7.

Bring back those sexy Ravens!

Last edited:
Just curious if anyone else wishes eki would do another run of ravens? From what i understand it was the first production knife from the company and i see them go for pretty substantial amounts used. I really like the blade profile, and i imagine they could be made at a competitive cost? Of all the wonderful blades benchmade makes, i believe the griptilian is their all time best seller, which has a similar concept as the raven. While i typically carry my emersons in a emergency only fashion, id love to have a user/ beater if eki made a knife at around 100 dollars. I really like the emerson catalog as it is now, but rather than discontinuing old models for new ones, if they wanted to expand i think a budget model might be a home run for them. And the raven, which is nostalgic with a history of its own, might be a perfect candidate. Any thoughts?

You are correct that the Raven was the first knife offered by Emerson Knives, Inc. In fact, it was the only model that the company sold during its first year of existence. The Raven remains one of my favorite Emerson knives, and it's the most comfortable EKI model I've ever handled.

While I doubt that EKI will ever run the model again (I suspect that the Launch 5 or another Blackbird batch will be the closest we'll get), it doesn't hurt to ask! In the meanwhile, keep searching the secondary market. A Raven is unlike any other Emerson folder.

As I recall, they were available with different colored handles???

You are quite correct, Larry!

JQDsbXp.jpg

Now, personally I've never seen any of the colors depicted above for sale other than black and O.D. green. But I did see an orange model once...just once. I attended the 1997 Blade Show, at which Ernest Emerson was exhibiting. In one display case, he had an orange-handled Raven prototype. We spoke for a while and I asked him about the knife. He said that it was a new folder in development for his recently formed production knife company.

I remember noting how sleek and compact it looked, particularly compared to the Benchmade 970 and 975. I'll always regret not buying that knife, even though it wasn't for sale!

-Steve

Back