Any fellow BK-77 Extreme owners here?

I have one and love it, I wonder if there are any plans to bring it back. I would kill for a BK-9 in S30V.

Brandon

I have one and love it, I wonder if there are any plans to bring it back. I would kill for a BK-9 in S30V.Brandon

i wanted one... to have, might be worth $90 to me, more if i cut a lot of fish in salt water... but it's not something i've seen as a "must have"...

now, a brute or machax in S30V, or other exotic steel, might have me drooling :)

Bladite

What's the impact strength and chipping resistance of S30V or other exotics? Isn't 5160 and 1095 chosen specifically for their strength in chopping applications? I realize those alloys also cost less, and the price could really add up on a larger blade if using something more exotic.

I'm happy with Ethan introducing his wonderful designs in good old 1095 at the currently awesome price point and quality level. Nothing not to like

i have one was thinking about making that very same post. its a great knife, high-end for me a few years ago. i've had it out in the woods chopped, batoned all that camp stuff. i got it after reading a article in tk knives they did i great review of the bk-7 xtreme and i had a brute and a patrol machete so i thought i would get another becker something with a little more to it.anyways i've always wondered how many of those are floating around out there. becker knives have been such a big topic lately w/ ka-bar picking them up. i heard once that the production run of bk-7 xtremes was not that high because of the high-price and i have never seen another one on any of the forums. i wonder if their is any plans on doing any beckers in premium steels? dreaming of a magnum camp in d-2.
knifeshots005.jpg

i wonder if their is any plans on doing any beckers in premium steels? dreaming of a magnum camp in d-2.
Ethan told me, when I asked, to check in mid February (might have been january) after SHOT show because ideas were under consideration but were definitely not a go just being considered at this point.

their really is so many ideas flying around about becker knives i can't wait to see what the furture holds. ka-bar really could take them to the next level.

I wonder if they would look more closely at D2 since they already use it. Might be a stronger candidate. Then again that's just speculation.

Back