Any field evaluation reports on the ExtremaRatio blades?

I haven't seen any report on the field performance of the ExtremaRatio fixed blades.

Has anybody taken at least one model of ExtremaRatio and taken it out to the field?

It would be interesting to do a comparative study of the ExtremaRatio which is fast gaining popularity.

Very attractively designed, too.

Golok,

I just picked up two blades from Frank at his store(top rate guy to deal with btw, makes a mean expresso!) I will be doing a review of the T2000S and T2000M shortly. I too am very curious of the capabilities of N690. I am have used INFI, 1095, A2, BG42. I would not be surprised if it rates at the top.

I am impressed with the fit and finish, NIB sharpness, attention to detail, the versatility of the sheaths and their function. I have owned Strider and Chris Reeve, and Extrema Ratio is right up with them on attention to detail and fit and finish. Extrema Ratio exceeds them both in NIB sharpness(a big deal to some people). The two models I got have very good balance of edge geomtry for hunting, utility and slicing tasks. Both are incredible and cost much much less than a Busse, Chris Reeve, and Strider.

I got to handle the folders. If these folders aren't a "Strider Killer", I don't know what is. (Hey I am not slamming the AR, GB or SnG. I really like my AR. I would like to get an SNG. I am just saying that the lock on the AR/GB and SnG and Sebenza is flimsy and weak compared to the Extrema Ratio folders.) I particularly like the M.P.C and Nemesis. SOLID, SOLID, SOLID!! For all intents and purposes, these things a fixed blade!

I will post a more thoughout review when I use the knives a while.

Hope this helps
Luke
P.S. It is a wonder to me they don't charge more for these knives. With their Semi-custom to custom quality and the incredible sheath system these have, they should be more than the other brands(CRK,Strider, Busse).

I read that Frank Miller donated 6 Extrema Ratio knives to troops in Afghanistan. The knives performed well and met the demands put on them.

Read the full report.

Cliff,
Maybe I can be of some help.
The blade length is 11.81" long. Total length is 16.93". The knife balances 9.75 inches from the tip (on the R in Extrema). Total weight is 11.25 oz.
Blade is hollow grind w/ tanto (modifiied tanto) tip.
The hollow area you mention is a result of making the strengthening rib down the middle. It keeps the strength but keeps the knife as light as possible (11.25 oz. is very light for a knife of this size).
Hope this helps a little!

Originally posted by Lukers

Hope this helps
Luke
P.S. It is a wonder to me they don't charge more for these knives. With their Semi-custom to custom quality and the incredible sheath system these have, they should be more than the other brands(CRK,Strider, Busse).

SSSsshhhh! :) Don't raise any prices, at least until I have had a chance to score some of these!!

I'd say keep the numbers where they are in order to maintain a good start and get some market penetration ..... :)

Cliff -- I hope you get one an do a review, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the steel. I know it works for me!

Last week i bought an MPC, now I'm planning to test it during my holiydays. When I'll come back, I'll post my review.

By Luca

The folders are very nice! Our 1st group came in and I have been showing them around town to "the boys" and it has gottne rave reviews! Paul

Back