Any Info on Parsons?

David Brown

Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :)
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
A girl from Texas was selling part of her fathers estate, about 10 knives he had collected from a coustom maker named Parsons. She had no info as far as steel what they were worth or any thing. they are very well made with "Parsons" stamped in the blade near the hilt.I recently saw in Tactical knives an artical on Brass knuckle knives that fetured him as the premire maker of these in the 70's but I am not sure it is the same maker,but the mark looks the same.The handles on most of them look like a dark wood, on one of the knives it had a stacked marcita handle. A large dagger had a silver screaming eagle head as the pommle. There is a very large Bowie marked 1 of 5, and a pair of split blade daggers in a wood & glass presentation case. all the knives have leather sheaths made by Parsons.There are also about 5 various small 3 to 5" hunters. any info would be great
Thank You
David Brown

If I remember correctly, the maker that took over Don Hasting's forge after his death was named Parson. No connection to the Kevin Parson knuckle knives. Not sure what happened to the Hasting/Parson but I know some early knives had both names stamped on them.

Bernard Levine lists a Michael Roy Parsons of Ind. in his book. Maybe he used this mark at one time.

Back