Any Interest In The Friction Folder?

JK Knives

After doing some figuring, I found out I can sell these for $110.00, with any handle material, and kydex belt sheath, including shipping. The liners will be about .065 -.070 stainless, and all pins, including pivot pin, will be 1/4" stainless. Blade will be 1/8" O1, drop, straightback, or clip point. On the wood handle ones I will be using flathead screws for a more "traditional" look, and leather pouch sheaths will be available for $5.00 extra. Special blade shapes (like a Nessmuk) will be slightly more. If there is interest, I will order materials.

2i6oz8w.jpg

2e5p8jk.jpg

Last edited:
One thing that`s kind of neat on these is the fact you can order extra handle slabs. Micarta for work, and fancy wood for the Sunday barbeque! :D

There's a very good chance I'll be interested, once the funds become available.

I just ordered new SS liner material .075 thick. I also forgot to mention that these have a bronze bushing around the pivot pin.

Do you have any pics of it closed? If I've missed one sorry.

Here you go.

347f8mv.jpg
Thanks. Looks great.:thumbup:
I'd be proud to carry one. Preferably a Wharnie/Sheepsfoot.
Business looks to be picking up soon. Hopefully I will soon be able to put my money where my mouth is.:D

I do like it a lot, but I don't see myself buying one (at least for a while). With the price of it nearly at the price of your hiker/keppy/nessie I really think I would rather pick up one (or more) of those fixed blades before I would buy the folder.

I do like it a lot, but I don't see myself buying one (at least for a while). With the price of it nearly at the price of your hiker/keppy/nessie I really think I would rather pick up one (or more) of those fixed blades before I would buy the folder.

It`s just something I had to do to prove to myself I could do it. I really doubt I will do too many, maybe one more, because it`s a lot more time consuming and more difficult than a fixed blade. Kind of like the hatchet, I just had to do it. :D

It`s just something I had to do to prove to myself I could do it. I really doubt I will do too many, maybe one more, because it`s a lot more time consuming and more difficult than a fixed blade. Kind of like the hatchet, I just had to do it. :D
I have a feeling you may make more hatchets. If you decide to.

Id be in for one with a sheepsfoot or drop point blade. :thumbup::thumbup:

black micarta of course.:cool:

It would make a great mushroom hunting knife.

Last edited:
I'm in for a clip point, with tiger stripe maple handle scales.
Leather pouch sheath, as well.

Dammit. I havn't even received my March special yet, and here I am ordering another one.
Thank God I don't have kids, or a wife who gets the mail before I do.......

I`ll be working on a new one this weekend, changing all the details I did not like on the first one, then I`ll post more pics, and maybe start an order sign up list.

Cool! I am looking forward to the updated design, as this one is pretty nice looking as it is!

That looks great John.

So, how does a guy go about telling the maker that he's interested in owning one of these beauties?

:cool:

B

Back