Any news on the Para-Military 2?

Not doubting for a second that my addled mind mangled a few posts together :D:D Just a bit disappointed :(

Mongo,

Since I have zero blade play, I haven't felt the need to go at the pivot bushing, so I can't answer your question.

--Jason

Just checking, is MSRP on Para2 really 170? If so, may have to grab one.

If it really is, what caused this 50 bucks reduction from original MSRP?

$169.99 seems low seeing that dealers are pricing this right around $120-$130 wholesale. If I remember correctly I remember an initial MSRP of $199.99

That explains the large difference in pricing between two dealers I've seen. The place I preordered from is $24 more than another dealer that just listed the Para2 on their site yesterday: Pre-order dealer lists the MSRP at $199.95, while the other dealer lists MSRP at $169.95.

Last edited:
$169.99 seems low seeing that dealers are pricing this right around $120-$130 wholesale. If I remember correctly I remember an initial MSRP of $199.99

Don't forget to add 3.4% :p

@D1omedes,

Thanks for posting Eric's reply. While I think most people were happy to have the engraving enigma erradicated, hearing that the standard D4/E4 shaped clips was great to know, too. Bought a black E4/D4 clip from the SFO because the satin one isn't what I wanted.

I just received an email from the dealer with which I placed a pre-order and he said that he will be receiving some Para 2s next Monday, but not the regular production versions - only a first run. So, you should disregard my previous post about timing. Sorry about that all, just passing along information that I received.

He said that the Para 2s were expected in August.

Good news was that the price dropped as others have mentioned above.

Why are you guys so coy about where you got it?

I am not sure if the dealer has any obligations to Spyderco regarding what they can disclose. I wouldn't want to burn a bridge with them.

The price drop was $20. I am surprised at the drop and the price will be less than the original para.

I'm pre-ordered at KC.com. It's site says retail price $199.99.
The pre-order price is $127.95. That's less than the Para I.
Noone is suggesting that the drop in retail price is going to change that $127.95 street price? I would find that an amazing price for the Para II.

Interesting though that Spyderco is dropping the retail price. My guess they are about to tighten up the percentage discounts similar to Benchmades 15% program.

Last edited:
Knifeworks has the para 2 and lists the msrp as $169, but they say they are out of stock and don't list their actual price.

Why are you guys so coy about where you got it?

Tomorrow I will receive and post pictures of my collector's numbered 1st edition(Sal's logo only) Para2...........and then I will disclose where I got it, then and only then. ;):p

Back