any plans for a khukuri?

a khukuri would be sweet!

Hey MR, the Machax (my all-time favourite knife) is pretty close.

Machax-1.jpg

Doc

Doc, thanks for the pics, that was the original one I was thinking of. Something like that but modified a little more like a khuk would be nice.

I think the late Mr. Reinhardt designed one with or for Becker.

Here's a pic containing two Becker Knife and Tool khukuris Guyon posted here in the past:

BeckerGroup.jpg

Last edited:
I also would love to see a "new" version of the kukri.
My Reinhardt is a favorite go to trail maintenance blade, so versatile.

I also would love to see a "new" version of the kukri.
My Reinhardt is a favorite go to trail maintenance blade, so versatile.

from my understanding, i'm not sure KaBar currently is tooled to handle anything as long as a machete or the pre-Camillus Reinhardt... maybe later?

i'll be expecting a revised MachAx before too long though, right? ;) RIGHT!

Bladite

you could go with the reg Ka-Bar khuk, although I think it would be even better with a taller flat grind and perhaps a touch more cant on the handle

No way!!! Don't screw around with perfection.
Doc

logic dictates that somethings will be ... modified.

i'd guess micarta grips, stainless hardware, and possibly a different steel (or several), with/without coatings? sheath options.

revised doesn't mean radically changed :)

Bladite

logic dictates that somethings will be ... modified.

i'd guess micarta grips, stainless hardware, and possibly a different steel (or several), with/without coatings? sheath options.

revised doesn't mean radically changed :)

Bladite

The grips have already been modified from the Cincinnatti-built as I'm sure you know. The Cincinnatti (sp?) scales are excellent, the later ones, not so much. The steel was also changed.

What we need is the original grips, original steel,......... and my sheath is leather. Like I said - perfection.

Doc

A Becker Khuk:eek:

I want, I need, when where and how much is all I need to know.

A Becker Khuk would absolutely hands down be the cats pajamas:thumbup:

Chuck

from my understanding, i'm not sure KaBar currently is tooled to handle anything as long as a machete or the pre-Camillus Reinhardt... maybe later?

i'll be expecting a revised MachAx before too long though, right? ;) RIGHT!

Bladite

Right!
You raise a good point:thumbup:
I would love to see a new or slightly changed MachAx. I missed the boat on that one. *sad panda*:D

Right!
You raise a good point:thumbup:
I would love to see a new or slightly changed MachAx. I missed the boat on that one. *sad panda*:D

SS Ebay sails daily :)

Bladite

The grips have already been modified from the Cincinnatti-built as I'm sure you know. The Cincinnatti (sp?) scales are excellent, the later ones, not so much. The steel was also changed.
What we need is the original grips, original steel,......... and my sheath is leather. Like I said - perfection.
Doc

i'm aware. i have a lot of each year ;)

the cincinnati grind too. awesome.

i'm rather fond of the hard chrome finish myself.

Bladite

Back