Any Steel Will Love?

I picked up a Steel Will Gekko Mini in N690Co (my first Steel Will) a couple of months ago and the quality of this knife blows me away. It was expensive for an Itailian made N690Co knife but the centering, fit and finish and ergonomics are amazing. Just a well made knife.

Based on that experience, I recently added a D2 Cutjack to the arsenal and am equally impressed. Prefect centering, nice in the hand and flips great. It isnt nearly as nice as the Gekko, but at 1/4 of the cost, I think is is a great value on par with the D2 Ontario RAT.

I am impressed with all of the Steel Wills I have handled to date and will likely add additional models in the future.

Anyone else impressed with Steel Will performance and quality?

Cheers!

ACC51D8C-CBD1-48DC-B33E-15D221450145.jpeg F0F331B2-EF11-4A97-B0AC-2889AB5274F5.jpeg

They make solid knives. I grabbed the D2 budget versions of the Cutjack, Modus, and Intrigue.

The Intrigue impressed me the most. It was the first one of theirs where my immediate though was, “I will own the M390/carbon fiber version of this.” The others strike me as good budget blades, but not super exciting.

I am also impressed with, my steel wills. Got that same ,mini gecko and the overall quality really can be felt in hand, the smoothest lockback I have. Also have both the large and ,mini cutbacks in d2. Top quality budget knives. One thing that impressed me with the cutbacks is the fact that they packed it a dated quality inspection certificate. Nice touch, shows they care.

Never owned one but plan to soon. I have read many good things about Steel Will and they seem to be a solid reputable brand.

I only own the Mini Cutjack in M390. Love it. It was my first flipper in years. I bought it in a knife store and the quality just really impressed me. To that point in time, I had never heard of Steel Will. So, I wasn't buying because I'm brand loyal. This was last October and that knife has been in my back pocket since.

I have the modus in cf-m390 and has been my edc since I got it 3 mos ago.Great knife-fit ,finish,action,steel--all perfect imo.

Their fixed blades are nice! I have a D2 Roamer 300 that holds an edge forever.

Their fixed blades are nice! I have a D2 Roamer 300 that holds an edge forever.
Cool! There is a Roamer 305 on clearance at my preferred online retailer. Looks like a good sized knife for the outdoors. Plus I love D2. :thumbsup:

Handled them at BLADE this year and was very impressed with the budget versions of their knives. I've been carrying a small grey Intrigue as my work EDC for a couple of months now and I like it. It is slim and light so it is perfect as an office EDC in khakis. Mine came a bit dull, but I've since gotten a nice edge on the D2. I also like their Modus model, but doubt I'd carry it at work as much.

I had one of the Druid fixed blades, it was a nice knife and came with a great sheath.

I have the Roamer R300. D2, great board design, nice coating, super ergonomic, and a pretty nice sheath. It's my car knife. I actually decided not to get a Busse I had on order because I think the Steel Will is a superior knife regardless of price, but is about a third the price.

I have the mini Intrigue which I like. One of my EDC rotation. Only gripe I have - and that is really more of a 1/2 gripe - is the frame being fiberglass reinforced nylon - "FRN" it gives the the consumer the impression that the knife is lower in quality than it truly is. I was surprised the knife had less flex in the handle than expected. Will be looking out for a upgraded version of this knife if and when they do it.

BTW, Steel Will is owned by SMG, an american company, with manufacturing in both Italy and China. The Intrigue line is made in China. Not a factor for me but wanted to clarify some other info posted before.

I'm very happy with my Steel Will knives. I think the cheap ones punch above their price class, quality-wise, and the nicer one of mine (the CF version of the Modus) does as well for that matter.

Back