Any suggestions?

So I'm new to collecting knives and only have a few, and decided I want a classic looking knife. I found this Case knive and thought it looked pretty sharp.

http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_detail.html?s=CA19076

I was just wondering what other people thought of this knife or if anyone had any suggestions on a different type of knife within that price range ($40 - $60).

Also, has anyone ever bought anything off KnifeCenter.com? Good or bad experiences?

If there are other reputable websites which you guys buy knives from please spread the word. :)

I haven't had any dealing with knifecenter so can't help you there. I do have a yellow handled Case Peanut in CV steel that is a lot of knife in a tiny, easy to cary package! That on in your link is a nice looking one. Other fellas on here can tell you more about the limited edition Cases, but I've had good luck with the latest production Case knives. That little peanut of mine has nice walk and talk, with crisp half stops.

There are plenty of classic patterns of course. Stockman, Barlow, Congress, Trapper, and Jack patterns come to mind as a start. But there's nothing wrong with that classy little peanut that I can see. I'm going to speculate that you've already shopped the net to compare prices on it.

Welcome and enjoy!

Amos

If you search this website, you'll see the peanut pattern in many "flavors" at prices from cheap to expensive.
http://www.casexx.com/peanut.htm
A Peanut is a small knife, 2 7/8", and I much prefer a Canoe (Case 63131), or a medium Stockman (Case 6318) for the pocket, both 3 5/8" or so. Shepard Hills is a great site for Case knives, but not the only one, and I'm sure people will post their favorites soon.

Yikes! Didn't even realize there were so many peanut variations. A damascus peanut! Imagine that.

I've been packing a carbon steel, Delrin handled Boker canoe as an EDC lately. Carries really nice. My stag Boker canoe on the other hand is more noticable in the pocket.

Just had to go and post that link didn't ya, Charlie? ;) There are some pretty little peanuts on there. I'm afraid to look at any of the other pages/patterns.

Knifecenter is a great merchant.

I've bought many knives from them. Top notch service, every time.
They also answer the phone. :cool:

They may not offer absolutely the bottom price on everything - but on some things, they actually do.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I stopped by a local Outdoor World and checked out what they had to offer, and now that I looked at them I also thought they would be a little too small to carry around. I'm thinking about maybe looking into the Trapper style handles because they seem about just the right size.

And thank you, waynorth, for that website. I like the way it's setup; the way you can choose by handle type.

Back