Any takers?

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Howdy folks!
I am looking for 10 people willing to commit to a sheath pattern for a CPK knife. This isn't a preorder or anything, if you say you'll get one, I take your word for it, and if you change your mind that's your call. But, don't :)

There's a lot going on in the shop right now, but I need to make up for the past week's covid and make some bucks. Sheath work is a pretty low impact job and I got no leather projects on the go at the moment. I have around 10 knives in the works, all of which will need sheaths, but I have a window of time where I can rock out a batch of identical sheaths, before I get busy on those guys.

The model I have in mind is the UF2. I especially love that knife, have studied a lot, and it's something that I can carry and therefore troubleshoot some prototypes. There are a couple other models I could do a 10 piece batch of, which include EDC1, FK, FK2, Basic5, HDFK, DEK1, Kephart

Basically, I need 10 people to all want the same sheath, (can be different colours) before I get started on a batch. My preference is to start with the UF2, but if 10 people all want something else, I'm flexible.

Feel free to post thoughts here.

I would commit to any of them really, but a UF2 works for me. Count me in.

Sounds like these are leather sheaths? If so, I would in for a Kephart one. Almost ordered something today as I prefer leather out in the woods over kydex (largely noise related).

Nothing more irritating than having branches scrape and knock against your kydex when stalking deer and elk. It's why I have been getting leather alternatives to my CPK kydex - otherwise I have to keep the knife in my pack, which I hate doing.

soory, I should have clarified- yes the sheaths will be leather, molded for high retention and compatible with Tecloc, and most aftermarket clips by DCC and Ulticlip. Also molle compatible via Alice clips

Hi Lorien,

I love the compact efficiency and excellent retention of your sheaths based on the ones I have for the Boot Dagger and DEK-1.

I ordered Pirtle sheaths for both of my UF2 pre-orders, so no big need for additional leather for those.

My first choice is a sheath for the BKF. I previously told you that I would buy an EDC-1 sheath if you make them. That hasn’t changed. Still interested.

I am glad you are feeling well enough to think about new projects.

Thanks!

Phil

I’d be interested in a UF2 sheath. Do you have a sketch or photo of template we can see?

I’d be interested in a UF2 sheath. Do you have a sketch or photo of template we can see?
I just started working on the template today, after deciding I'm just going to go ahead and move forward with the UF2 option.
Here's a photo of the first prototype I made a while ago. The new version will not look like this, but will be addressing some of the limitations I uncovered
VFWljL3.jpg

EDnbWJP.jpg

I will likely go for one, but would really like to see what you are zeroing in on design-wise first. Thanks!

I would put out a bat signal to K20 people, but they're not out yet. 🤪
I will likely go for one, but would really like to see what you are zeroing in on design-wise first. Thanks!
when someone puts a K20 in my hands we'll talk

I just drew it up tonight. It's a rough sketch that will change as I lay it out on the template, but I have the important stuff mapped out. The stitching and all the clearances that need to be figured out in 3 dimensions will dictate to some extent what the shape sheath will end up looking like, (nothing too exotic looking). I'm going with the mantra 'jump rated' so there will be double stitching and enough leather to keep the knife from cutting through no matter what. But, it will be a svelte as I can make it- no extra material where it's not required.

Howdy folks!
I am looking for 10 people willing to commit to a sheath pattern for a CPK knife. This isn't a preorder or anything, if you say you'll get one, I take your word for it, and if you change your mind that's your call. But, don't :)

There's a lot going on in the shop right now, but I need to make up for the past week's covid and make some bucks. Sheath work is a pretty low impact job and I got no leather projects on the go at the moment. I have around 10 knives in the works, all of which will need sheaths, but I have a window of time where I can rock out a batch of identical sheaths, before I get busy on those guys.

The model I have in mind is the UF2. I especially love that knife, have studied a lot, and it's something that I can carry and therefore troubleshoot some prototypes. There are a couple other models I could do a 10 piece batch of, which include EDC1, FK, FK2, Basic5, HDFK, DEK1, Kephart

Basically, I need 10 people to all want the same sheath, (can be different colours) before I get started on a batch. My preference is to start with the UF2, but if 10 people all want something else, I'm flexible.

Feel free to post thoughts here.
In for a lefty!

Hey Lorien, I’m in for a uf2. My personal favorite CPK pattern. Glad you like it too. Compete voodoo.

O5RzmAd.jpg

pretty much finished the templates today, I might even start cutting some leather for the prototype tonight

Back