Any two spydies....

mmmotorcycle

Captain Slow
Platinum Member
Recently I came across what, in my opinion is the best pair of Spydies. They are quite simple and arguably two of the most important knives spyderco has produced. I can take my Delica 4 PE and SE anywhere and be ready for anything. My logic is: if i need anything much bigger I might as well get a fixed blade.

What two Spyder's do you use the most? and Why?

Agreed.

For the cost, You can't go wrong.

I might add though, that if you carry a delica and an endura, you're covered.

I am quite sure you are going to hear A LOT of Military and Manix users chime in on this one!

What?? I can't hear you, there seems to be a Manix screaming in my pocket...lol.

I just carry one mini manix and get it over with.

I like the Delica, but it's just a little too short in the blade department.
I prefer a knife that can cleanly split an apple or orange or sandwich, and can also be used for self-defense if need be.
So, a slightly longer blade is more useful in my opinion.
And, all other things being equal, a longer blade will stay sharper longer.
With that in mind, my favorite two would be the Endura 4 and the Pacific Salt.

Delica 3/SE and Ladybug/SE green:thumbup: :thumbup:

Are you the member on the spyderco forums who only like SE knives? If so, :thumbup: to ya. They are the best knives to work with in tough environments.

For me it would be:

1. Calypso Jr. or Caly 3
2. Mini Manix or Lil' Temp

All PE
Love those flat ground leaf shaped blades.

Whether I carry selection #1 or #2 depends on my planned work activities.

I realize this is four knifes but within selection the knives are quite comparable.

Are you the member on the spyderco forums who only like SE knives? If so, :thumbup: to ya. They are the best knives to work with in tough environments.

Yup I am:D :D

I'm spydutch on the Spyderco forums;)

"The only good blade is a fully serrated blade":thumbup: :thumbup:

I stick with a G10 Byrd Cara Cara. The choil in addition to the scooped out section of the blade spine lets you choke up well for smaller knife type tasks (I put my middle finger in the choil and the index finger on the blade spine where it dips down). Comfortable, full-size grip works a lot better for me than my Delica 4 did. If I want to carry something smaller in addition to it, I'll use my Buck Hartsook knife. It's nice to have for messy tasks so I don't have to clean all the insides of a folder.

I stick with a G10 Byrd Cara Cara. The choil in addition to the scooped out section of the blade spine lets you choke up well for smaller knife type tasks (I put my middle finger in the choil and the index finger on the blade spine where it dips down). Comfortable, full-size grip works a lot better for me than my Delica 4 did. If I want to carry something smaller in addition to it, I'll use my Buck Hartsook knife. It's nice to have for messy tasks so I don't have to clean all the insides of a folder.

I too love having the Hartsook. It's cheap enough to lose without to many regrets and it has S30V for steel that is razor sharp. In fact, it's probably the sharpest knife I own.

"My logic is: if i need anything much bigger I might as well get a fixed blade."

What if you want to cut your sandwich in half? Do you think you need a fixed blade for that?

I like the Delica and knives of that size but I also like a larger folder for tasks that require a larger blade.

A 1" blade will probably do 90% of the things you need a knife for but it is the other 10% where the longer blade is needed.

That being said, if you don't have it, you don't miss it. I know a few people that carry Delicas only and they have never seemed like they wanted anything more. All of these people carry SE D-3s. That may have been one of the best selling Spydercos ever. They are true work horses of the knife world. I think the Delica3 SE has cut more stuff that all the Sebenzas, Emersons and Striders ever made. There are a lot of them out there and they don't get babied. They are allways in pockets unlike the heavier and bigger folders.

Every day I carry three knives:

Group 1: SS Cricket or ZDP Caly Jr.

Group 2: Yojimbo, Chinook II, Paramillie, Ronin/Kalista

Group 3: Victorinox Waiter

1 is for small tasks, like opening mail and whatnot.

2 is for heavy-duty things or the unlikely case of SD

3 is for booze and use around sheeple.

Mini Dyad and a PE Dodo.

That should cover most of your cutting, although if you are a hard core outdoor type I would get the Manix and maybe a Salt SE.

I am a city guy myself and a Mini Dyad and a Dodo are all I need. Dodo in cliped to the pocket and the mini on the waist band. I love the Dodo for it 'pointed beak', cuts like scissors and does a job on plastics and ropes. I like the Dyad because it covers the rest of my cutting needs and just big enough for most food (not all). Because my Dodo is blue it is a little more noticable but when in use the blue is less 'scary' for the sheeple. The Dyad is small enough not to be threatening although I never show it with both blades open.

I like this combo also because they are so different (even for Spyderco), having similar knives is a little boring to me.

-Mat

The Delica 3 SE as the workhorse that can cut anything and a SS Dragonfly to complement it for the fun of having a scalpel in my pocket.

Hi There,

The G10 Caracara PE is my workhorse right now, but the D4 PE and the UKPK are also nice for EDC.

regards,

Werner

military_police.jpg

With these two I could conquer the world! :D

--
northernlight

Back