Any word on the release date for Ti Mili?

I doubt it too. A new variation of an existing model probably wouldn't require that many pieces to set up, and I'd bet those sold to the staff for the most part. I count myself very lucky to get one. :)

That's exactly what I was thinking. S30V is great steel. Especially Spyderco S30V.

I generally do not hear much praise on this forum of the MI in S30V. Seems CPM D2 MI is a favorite here. So is the S90V. Not sure if any Spyderco has been released with M4 in it but that also seems to be favorite with those who got an M4 Mule team. Even H1 sounds like it would be cool with this MI as it would be beautiful and virtually rust free.

I know CPM D2 may not be option anymore if it's no longer being produced by Crucible (I'm not sure on this one). But Chipping has been discussed with S30V.

I know it sounds almost like the perfect knife. What we have been waiting for so long now. The rugged strength of a Military, wrapped in elegant Titanium.

But I'm still on the fence with this as there is also the New Ritter Grip in M4 coming out.

Argh can't decide to many good knives out there:D

I assume that the CPM D2, S90V, and BG-42 Milis being praised more has to do with the fact that they were limited and the steels more exotic. I've never found a problem with S30V chipping or anything else on any of my Spydies. I really like the S30V that Spyderco uses. It takes a super sharp edge, holds it for some time, and is pretty easy to sharpen when needs be. You can always look into the Ti/G-10/M4 Mili.

I don't know about anyone else, but my praise for S90V has nothing to do with being limited. It holds an edge better than anything else I've tried when doing the things I do with my knives. Period. Full stop. S30V isn't even close. But I also know my use is not typical, and I recognize that not everyone sharpens with diamond hones. S90V isn't for everyone, and that is fine. It means there is more for me. :D

From what I saw in another thread a week or two ago, CPM D2 may soon be back on the menu. ;)

I don't know about anyone else, but my praise for S90V has nothing to do with being limited. It holds an edge better than anything else I've tried when doing the things I do with my knives. Period. Full stop. S30V isn't even close. But I also know my use is not typical, and I recognize that not everyone sharpens with diamond hones. S90V isn't for everyone, and that is fine. It means there is more for me. :D

From what I saw in another thread a week or two ago, CPM D2 may soon be back on the menu. ;)

I agree with Yab about S90V, it is the best stainless steel I have tried so far (I have a custom in S110V but given the price I can't really say I have used it).
M4 may be slightly better and easier to sharpen but the trade-off is that it rusts.

About CPM-D2: I recently placed an order for a custom folder and asked if I could have CPM-D2 instead of S30V and the answer was: "I should be getting a fresh batch of that steel in January", so there may be hope.

Back