Anybodies military perfectly centered?

Just had a new backspace put into my military along with new screws. My military centers just as it did with the old back spacer. I can get it basically centered, but its still off towards the lock side a slight bit. I tried all the recommendations on this site and others and still get the same result. I was just wondering if anybody else is in the same boat as me. Still functions fine. I was told by spyderco that I can put the military in the dishwasher. Has anybody else tried this? I'm starting to really like the knife. I usually have all my knives at the perfect pivot sweet spot, but I kept the military a bit loose. Barely, and I mean barely noticeable, but its there if you disengage the lock and wiggle. With the lock engaged there is no play. I hope it lasts for years.

I have a orange millie that was off a bit when I first got it out of the box, but I adjusted the pivot screw and now it is perfect!

I have a digicam/S30 and a blk/S30 and a CF/M390 and they are all perfectly centered. Sorry you're having difficulty.

nope, off to the lock side a bit too... even after it went and returned from spyderco for another issue; doesn't bother me, works just fine, not off enough to rub on scales, etc. great knife...

I have13 differeent Militarys, all but one is centered. The Ti version was off kilter a bit when I got it, but I just fixed it up pretty easily.

All of mine cut straight, so who cares if the blades are centered when they're closed?

All of mine cut straight, so who cares if the blades are centered when they're closed?

:eek:Blasphemer!!!:eek:

LOL... Just kidding. I couldn't tell you if my CPM-D2 Military is centered or not, or any of my other knives for that matter, because I don't think I've ever bothered to check. Just not a priorty for me...

All my Militaries have centered blades except for one, a Digicam/DLC S30V. Tried all kinds of things to center it, from torquing the scales in opposite directions while tightening, eliminating the backspacer and replacing it with standoffs, adjusting pivot tension, all of those didn't work. Turns out, and I noticed this when I was doing some blade swapping, the nested liners were slightly bent, making the scales curve and favor one side of the blade. I can see this happening because I normally carried my knives in my back pocket. With my Ti Militaries, or other knives that are shorter, this doesn't seem to be a problem. The Digicam one flexes, as do the other G10-scaled Militaries when under heavy pressure like being carried in the back pocket and sitting. When I did the blade swaps, I just straightened them out and it's been ok.

I've had 5 and only 1 had bad centering sent it back to spyderco and it came back fine, more was wrong with it than just the centering, the lockbar would also flex.

As I can see it: It's perfectly centered.
By a Feeler Gauge: It's not perfectly centered.

Considering I never would have noticed without using a feeler gauge, I'm happy.

Actually, I thought the Military was the best knife Spyderco made -- until I got my Manix 2 XL. :D

My M390 Millie is centered. My S30V is not. No matter what I do, I can not get it centered. It doesn't rub, so it's a non-issue.

20120919_190837_zps6544dfcf.jpg
[/IMG]

my s90v was good also my bg42 is good and my m4 perfect as well

Only have one (M390/CF), and it's either dead on centered or dang close to it...looks perfect to me.
My first Spyderco and I'm very impressed with it. :)

Only have one (M390/CF), and it's either dead on centered or dang close to it...looks perfect to me.
My first Spyderco and I'm very impressed with it. :)
Oh no, you're in trouble now. All it takes is one. :p

Back