Anybody else into antiques (besides edgecut antique micarta).

I appreciate history and most antiques but mainly prefer nautical themed. I am not a photographer but figured I would take the HDFK’s in Antique Micarta and Burlap for a quick photo shoot with a few nautical pieces. I still need a brass dive helmet. ;)

First up is an old Perko Anchor Lantern with nice thick fresnel glass.
S8Aic9x.jpg

1J040Ku.jpg

Next up a solid brass cleat weighing 50 lbs.
0rPYdKe.jpg

A large 4 dog port hole from what I was told was an old navy ship. (I have a pair of these)
NscXvEH.jpg

yxO7dXo.jpg

An old 1930’s / 40’s General Electric solid brass / copper flood light.
XsVFNxp.jpg

gDZKBtZ.png

And lastly a forged wheel from Delano Bros. (pic takes with flash as the lighting was bad in the room. ;)
EBdZHmn.jpg

The antique Micarta was surplus from an old ship builder. They had been using it as a bearing material where the prop shaft exits the hull. I believe it dates from the 50s or 60s. Nautical theme...

The antique Micarta was surplus from an old ship builder. They had been using it as a bearing material where the prop shaft exits the hull. I believe it dates from the 50s or 60s. Nautical theme...

That’s great Nathan, thanks! Got to love a handle material with some history!!!

Would you mind putting aside enough Antique Micarta with my name on it, so I can purchase all my future blade offerings in it? (Seeing how it now fits so nicely with my other pieces). ;)

I guess I'd also have to say I'm into antique woodworking tools. Here is a very old block plane I inherited from my father in law. It was a rusty bucket of chips and cobwebs when I got it. I got it restored back to working condition, but still very rustic.
20180609_090413 cropped.jpg

Back