Anybody else what to see more "Waved" models

I would love to see "Waved" FFG Delica and Enduras. Or perhaps the new Para 2 with it's 4 way clip. For deployment speed you really can't beat it. Anybody else thought about this and what other models would be sweet "waved"?

Matt

i think they work well on the delica and endura...i dont think i would like it on the para 2...just my opinon...

What about a waved Police 3, Military and Chinook? I have these 3 models but a waved option would be great as far as I'm concerned.

I read somewhere that the waved models will be discontinued sooner rather than later due to prospect of illegality. I think all but the plain edged delicas have been discontinued. Don't know about the enduras.

I love my Waved Endura.

Being a southpaw the option of FINALLY getting a waved knife that accommodates me is what really turned me on. Besides, it is a hoss of a knife with its flat saber grind. Much more robust than one would think.
This knife has been everywhere with me for a couple of years now and done more work than the majority of other knives I have.

Guess I will have to pick up a few extras while I am at it.

I've never felt the need to have a waved knife. I can open it faster than one of my autos using the spyder hole. That's fast enough for me. After doing it a dozen or more times a day since 92 it tends to be a smooth, fluid movement. It doesn't eat up clothes either doing it the conventional way.

I've never felt the need to have a waved knife. I can open it faster than one of my autos using the spyder hole. That's fast enough for me. After doing it a dozen or more times a day since 92 it tends to be a smooth, fluid movement. It doesn't eat up clothes either doing it the conventional way.

+1 I have a waved Endura, and to be honest, I can open it just as fast with the Spydie hole as I can with the wave feature. Plus I like to be able to pull it out of my pocket without it opening automatically.

i was really looking forward to having a new FFG endura with a wave, but twas not meant to be :(

I would love to see more waved knives from spyderco!

I read somewhere that the waved models will be discontinued sooner rather than later due to prospect of illegality. I think all but the plain edged delicas have been discontinued. Don't know about the enduras.

Sal told us at the spyder meet that the waved spyders would not be in production forever.
So he advised us if you want a waved delica/endura buy one.

So new knives will not be made with the wave feature.

I bought a waved delica the week after the spyder meet;).
I really like it and it's very fast:thumbup:.
It will also eat your pockets:D.

I think I'm the weird one. I had a waved D4 and for the life of me couldn't get that thing to reliably open with different types of pants. Dockers and other side opening pockets would often bog down, locking the knife in the semi opened position with a wave full of pocket material.
When I tried the zip tie method - presto works with all pants and every time you just gotta rip it hard. So you could make any spydie a wave model.

I like my waved Spydercos a lot - a P'kal and an Endura. Shame to hear that they apparently won't be around for much longer. I'd like to see more, rather than less!

Plus I like to be able to pull it out of my pocket without it opening automatically.
I just don't get this attitude. I've never had a problem with pulling out a waved knife in the closed position. All I do is press the side of my middle finger against the blade while it's within the handle before pulling it out of my pocket. It's totally simple and straightforward. I sort of feel like people who say this must have trouble putting their fixed blades back in the sheath without stabbing themselves in the leg.

I'd LOOOOOVE to see a waved millie, with a 4-way clip. Orange or Digi-camo scales. S30V, or CPM-M4, or S90V. I'm pretty sure I'd never keep up with any sort of EDC rotation with that knife. I'd drop a couple hundred on it, easily.

I'm rooting for a waved Chinook IV and waved Chinook IV practice knife.

But that may be near impossible with the blade profile set up for a back cut that pulls into the cut instead of sliding off?

Police 3.

Though I would rather have a ZDP version first, both combined (ZDP W P3) would be ideal.

I would love lots more Waved Spydercos!

First on the list would be the Chinook 3.

A Waved flat ground Delica/Endura 4, Police and Stretch would be very cool too!

I think I'm the weird one. I had a waved D4 and for the life of me couldn't get that thing to reliably open with different types of pants. Dockers and other side opening pockets would often bog down, locking the knife in the semi opened position with a wave full of pocket material.
When I tried the zip tie method - presto works with all pants and every time you just gotta rip it hard. So you could make any spydie a wave model.

what is this zip tie stuff??

The wave is fast, maybe the fastest, but not the most versatile or reliable. I like them on certain models but not all.

Back