Anybody ever fitted a Resp-O-Rator with P100 filters?

Hey Guys....has anyone here ever modified the Resp O Rator to use P100 filters?

I have always used 3M half face masks with P100s when grinding G-10 and carbon fiber, etc...but I've had a full beard now for a while and I know the half mask isn't giving me a good seal anymore. I picked up a Resp O Rator because I like the design. It comes with hepa filters, but I was curious if anyone ever tried to outfit one with P100s. Any ideas?

I think the stock filters are p100's, replacement p100's and the res-po-rator filters all filter down to 0.03 microns, the fitting on the back is the same

However you have 3 p100 filters to choose from

Thanks John...when it shows up I'll check. Maybe the P100's I have from 3M will pop right on there.

If they are not standard, have a look at 3M replacement parts

They sell replacement bayonet fitting mounts.

I imagine a person could adapt one to the generic tubing it uses.
Maybe you need to make a custom barb, two different sized ends for hose

If they are not standard, have a look at 3M replacement parts

They sell replacement bayonet fitting mounts.

I imagine a person could adapt one to the generic tubing it uses.
Maybe you need to make a custom barb, two different sized ends for hose

Hey numbers....just tried to fit them up and the fittings are slightly smaller on the resp o rator than on the 3m filters so they don't match up, at least not yet. I think it would be pretty easy to modify the resp o rator to use 3M cartridges, but after doing a bit of research it looks like the stock filters with the resp o rator have the same particulate minimum efficiency rating as the 3m ones, 99.97%. The hepa filters with the resp o rator filter particles down to 0.3 microns. Still looking to see if that's the same size as the P100's

Well that sucks that they aren't the same, I have looked at pictures of the 3M p100 and compared them to my resp-o-rator filter and they looked the same, If you find something that fits let us know, I was thinking about getting the 3M filters because my stock filter is getting really black

Back