Anybody ever notice this?

Sorry if this has been posted before but I got a Tri-Angle Sharpmaker for Christmas and noticed this on the Spyderco Logo.

spydercologo2005jpegweb.jpg

If you look at the top of the Bug you can see the outline of the Triangle stone. I don't know if this was just part of the bug or they did that on purpose but I think it's pretty cool :)

Also sorry for the poor editing, i'm about to go out to dinner so I just did it super quick.

Never noticed that! Is that on the plastic casing? I'm gonna go check all the logos on mine once I get home haha.

My stretch has it too, from the picture it looks like an end view of a sharpmaker rod but I think it's just part of the bug's face and it's coincidence that it looks like a sharpmaker rod.

My stretch has it too, from the picture it looks like an end view of a sharpmaker rod but I think it's just part of the bug's face and it's coincidence that it looks like a sharpmaker rod.
I'm too damn lazy to look, but I believe Sal has said in the past that it's intentional. IIRC, the large triangular area was always there, the small triangle that makes it look like the Sharpmaker's rods was added later.

Paul
bar_02.gif

My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and good fortune and fame are your lot, but the man worthwhile is the man who can smile with his shorts twsited up in a knot. - Morey Amsterdam

I'm too damn lazy to look, but I believe Sal has said in the past that it's intentional. IIRC, the large triangular area was always there, the small triangle that makes it look like the Sharpmaker's rods was added later.

Paul
bar_02.gif

My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and good fortune and fame are your lot, but the man worthwhile is the man who can smile with his shorts twsited up in a knot. - Morey Amsterdam

Okay haha, yeah it's too damn small to tell if all the bugs have that little extra cutout or not. Kind of nifty though.

Back