Anybody got a Case purple synthetic yet?

New SFO run from a big dealer I can't name here. Looks interesting to me, but I'd like to see one in Non stock photos if possible, to see the color before I pull the trigger on one. Anybody got one they could take a pic or two of? :)

-G.

I don't often buy a knife until it proves unpopular and goes on deep discount.

Thats how I found them, these are already on clearance price even though they'really new. They're even less than the average for the yellow delrin line! Hopping to grab a couple before they either go back off sale or dissappear.. IF the color is a liveable shade.. ;)

Take a shot with one. If it turns out sickly you could always dye it.

Not sure if you can dye synthetics though??:confused:

Point is, I just wish CASE would start using proper photos of their knives instead of frankly meaningless line drawings. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Will

You're right about synthetics Will. I wasn't paying attention.

Is it a line drawing? With the digital talent these days, I'm not certain but it looks like a photo. Not my favorite color but genuine purple peaple eater hide is a unique material. ;)

22472_zpsadmsejzt.jpg

Thats actually quite a tasteful shade of purple..if there is such a thing.

Received a case catalog that had them in it. I said to my wife I am going to get a purple knife.

Dave

No, I was referring to CASE's catalogue pictures, they don't seem accurate or reliable to me but I too wasn't paying attn.

Alan Actually you might be correct, I've got a CASE Yellow D Pen that got stained by oil and black dye, I really thought it was proof against colour, seems not

The catalog photos might be line drawings. I looked closely at them and I suspect they are actual photos that are heavily photoshopped and then they cut and paste different handle materials on them. The metal surfaces and gradients are definitely fake. Either way, I'd also prefer real photos. I'm guessing their photoshopped images are better suited for marketing though.

Thats how I found them, these are already on clearance price even though they'really new. They're even less than the average for the yellow delrin line! Hopping to grab a couple before they either go back off sale or dissappear.. IF the color is a liveable shade.. ;)

So they are. I browse that site's specials pretty often but I'd missed them.
I have a purple peanut with a pink peace sign, but it's a bluer purple.

Case's stock "photos" are notoriously inaccurate when it comes to the color of dyed bone, but I would think (hope?) they would be more accurate for a synthetic material. I wouldn't normally go for purple, but that ones not bad looking.

Having said that, I'm looking at the knives now, and the color on this teardrop doesn't look nearly as appealing as the stockman posted above (looks more like a pastel Easter purple), so who knows what the actual knives will look like.

11114E03-073F-48B8-BEB9-F5FBB3FE0FAA.jpg

Dang,you guys really had me going there! If I could dye Delrin, that'd be great!

What's the handle material on these knives?

As far as I can tell, it's Delrin, like the black or yellow ones..

Having said that, I'm looking at the knives now, and the color on this teardrop doesn't look nearly as appealing as the stockman posted above (looks more like a pastel Easter purple), so who knows what the actual knives will look like.

11114E03-073F-48B8-BEB9-F5FBB3FE0FAA.jpg

Yeah...thats why I was hoping someone had a knife so I could get a "real" photo, not a professional one done in a several thousand dollar light box making fake "perfect" light and no shadows, with "perfect" white backgrounds... I can't stand sterile stock photos.

I guess I'll have to see what I can do about raising some funds before the sale ends and see if I can pick one up, and see what I get. :)

Colors are tricky.
I was looking at a denim -blue Derby-handled cane on line, and the complaints were all about the color: "That isn't denim, it's teal! (or turquoise, or aqua, or royal blue, or magenta or puce)".

Back