anybody have a new colonial???

http://www.colonialknifecompany.com/P_oldcutler.htm

Just wondering if anybody here had any of these and if thay are any good?
What are they comparable too? and are they made in the US, the price point seems a little high to me, but i thought it'd be worth asking you guys
Couple of these look nice not too enthusiastic about the blade graphic but could live with it.
thanks
ivan

I have one of these, a few years ago they were giving them away, to promote Colonial.

T420_L.jpg

The blade is marked "Colonial, 05, Prov. R.I." on the front and "440 stainless".

The box has "U.S.A." on it, but does not actually say "Made In USA" nor does the knife and it seems VERY much to me to be about the same quality as Rough Rider imports.

Nowhere on their website can I find a statement about where they are made either, just "In 2001 Colonial Knife became a division of CCI, Inc. and the traditional knives manufactured by Colonial Knife were back into production by Colonial Cutlery International, Inc."

Thanks for the info
did ya take a gander at their online prices:eek:
Case Prices and Rough Rider Quality???
guess i had gotten my hopes up:eek:
thanks
ivan

I ordered an L-304B jigged bone lockback from the Colonial Handcrafted series back in early '05. The MSRP on that particular knife, L-304B, was $69.99. I still like to buy my knives at 1982 prices, but we do live in the real world, so it is reasonable. The same type knife in cocobolo was $55.99. It is a decent knife, well fitted and finished. I think my example might be a tad bit above a comparable production Case. But it was also hand picked at Colonial by a sales rep for review, so I don't know if it was a representitive sampling of production then or now.

Codger

are they made in the states? i'm Still interested just seemed expensive, but i'm kinda cheap and used to scoring well loved old slippies:D
ivan

Mine was U.S. made, I believe, but it was a 2005 production. Colonial (CCI) is very low key about their dealings and evolution, so I don't know for a fact where their knives are made these days. I do know that several of the lines touted to be forthcoming in 2005 never made an appearance that I have found. I would be interested in knowing "what is what" and "who is who in the zoo" there now. Not interested enough to go to the trouble I did back in '05 when they were offering to do repair work on Schrade knives. That did not really pan out for the few people we directed to them.

colonial.jpg

Cost me more to ship it, its a pretty nice knife, dont know anything bout it it was cheap so it was an impulse buy. Anybody know anything about them
ivan

Back