Anybody Still Carry a Dodo?

Does anybody still carry their Dodo around? I'm thinking it would be nice to use for EDC since I finally got one in a trade. Waiting for UPS delivery is annoying...

I still use one of my Dodos, the others are locked away for a rainy day or for when i loose the one im using now :p

They are really great knives, one of my fave. Spydercos for sure :thumbup:

I just paid for one and I'm waiting for it. It looks like a great knife to carry in those buildings that have a limit on blade length, that's very short. (I've seen a hospital in Louisville, have a sign not allowing knives with blades over 2 and one half inches) Still I doubt I'll carry it as they are pretty hot collector items. Especially in PE like the one I am getting.

It looks like a great knife to carry in those buildings that have a limit on blade length, that's very short. (I've seen a hospital in Louisville, have a sign not allowing knives with blades over 2 and one half inches)

That's the reason I picked mine up originally. I still carry it at work as an EDC now and then. Useful blade design and the handle is very comfortable.

Just got mine about a week ago and i have cared it ever sense its a great edc.

I've heard that the problem with the G-10 tearing up pants pocket can be solved by sanding it, although you've got to be careful because the dust generated by G-10 is toxic.

Anybody carry their Dodo for self-defense?

I have 3 Dodo knives. I hardly ever carry my user, because my Paramillie is shaped better for most of the tasks I have to do at work everyday.

I've been carrying one for about four years now, on rotation with other knives, depending on the circumstances. It's a great knife.

I carry mine from time to time. It's a very useful design. You can put alot of power into a cut thanks to the short hawk tip and that fantastic handle. Plus it's blue!

I do a couple of times per week, but mine has the G10 sanded under the wire clip and isn't hard on pants at all. In fact, I have never had an issue with G10 and pants.

I still EDC my blue/PE. Got it when they first came out, so it was sub-mint well before they became hot collectibles. I'd really like to have a second as back-up for potential loss. I learned my lesson and have a few Ocelots stashed away. That's my other favorite EDC for environments where 3" blades are OK. I really like the ergos on both of these knives. The Dodo tip is also exceptional for cutting things out of the newspaper and similar fine-detail tasks.

My Dodo G10 has smoothed out considerably. When new, it was almost like sandpaper. It quickly mellowed to a subdued grippiness.

Back