Anybody up for a NW khonvention?

My wife and I will be going to Missoula, MT on the weekend of July 19-21. While we're there we're planning to visit the knife show at the Holiday Inn Express, meet Art Swyhart, oogle over some really fine handmade blades and possibly reinforce Uncle Bill's mantra that "debt is good."

If any other forumites can arrange to get out that weekend maybe we could get together, say hello and enjoy the company and the knives, too! Munk? Howard? Outdoors? ServTech? Any other nor'westerners out there?

Non-nor'westerners are welcome as well. Y'all have a whole month to think about this, hope to see some of you there!

anything's possible, though that's getting pretty close to delivery date of munk jr.

munk

Raghorn, I look forward to meeting you sometime. I occasionally go to Idaho. I've never been to Missoulu. Hadn't ever planned to. It's not really in Montana, is it? Being spiritually linked to Moscow and Cour delens? (sic) Santa Cruz Ca., and Sedona AZ.?

munk

Originally posted by munk
It's not really in Montana, is it? Being spiritually linked to Moscow and Cour delens? (sic) Santa Cruz Ca., and Sedona AZ.?

I have a close friend here who was a ranger at Fort Peck for many years. He's told me the exact same thing.

But I did manage to talk the Mrs into attending a knife show so I'll count it as a win. I don't think she would have gone to Billings or Bozeman.

I'm sure there will be other opportunities to tag up in the future if this one isn't the right time or place for you. Besides, with Munk Jr being imminent, you'll probably have other priorities on your mind.

Yes, I'm thinking about it. But have a lot of stuff on my plate right now.. I may have to get to Washington State to pick up a rusted 4X4 beater truck to drive it back. I need a beater truck to haul wood. My wife's due first part of August, so the knife show is ten days out of ETA give or take 5 or 6 days.

Course, if my Mother in law arrives early, just might take off for Washington and on the way back make Missoula.

To the list of new age cities I'd like to add Aspen, Co, and Sante Fe, NM.

munk

Ever hear of the Taos humm? I lived there for several years but the only hum I could hear was when I drank too much.

It's the kind of place if you picked it up and shook it enough quartz crystals would fall out to fill a wal mart.

munk

On a still Wyoming night in a clearing I swore I heard the munching of beetles or whatever eating the enormous pile of old wood laying there. But who knows...maybe it was the sound of nerve endings gasping in my tired brain.

munk

Back