Anyone a Walking Dead fan?

Mitchell Knives

Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Anyone a fan of the Walking Dead comics or the TV show?

I've been collecting the comics since the series began, and it's one of the few comic books that I'll actually read. (For those of you who watch the show but are unfamiliar with the comics, do yourself a favor and read the first few issues.)

Needless to say, I was extremely excited when the TV show started. Although it's different from the books, it's still quite entertaining.

The last episode was a bit of a letdown, but still better than 99% of what is on TV.

Sometimes I wonder what kind of blades I would end up making if the zombocalypse were upon us...choppers? spears? machetes?

The books and the show don't highlight the use of knives much, but I imagine they would eventually be worth their weight in gold once the ammunition ran out.

Thoughts?

Never read the comics. Cheated and did a wiki search for the differences between the comics and the TV show. I like the show..as you said 57 channels and nothing on! All but one of them seem to be carrying very short knives:eek:. I would prefer to split bone hard skull from a bit further away. A long light (as in easy enough to flail around) chopper for me. I don't have what it takes for up close and personal with that carnivore:D

I noticed that most of the knives on the show are Gerbers; far from ideal but probably what the average person realistically have.

Maybe Rick and the rest of the group will encounter some survivors with a decent custom knife collection in the future!

I might lean towards a spear backed up with a chopper. Then again, I have a ton of .22 ammo laying around the house that I would need to run through first!

I seriously think that a large number of people would die from simple illness, exposure or starvation long before encountering a zombie.

Yeah, my first impulse was a spear (length) until I ran some scenarios of my short stature getting the darn thing stuck through an eye socket on a forward falling zombie and having to heave the carcass over. Not a fast enough slash and run for me. Real world probability- I think you have called it in the correct order of decimation. Guess that's why I like watching Doomsday Preppers also. Interesting mindsets for each event.

I liked season 1 a lot, but season 2 is a kind of boring and you can see the budget cuts they had.

I started reading the Graphic Novels after the first season and finished them all before season two started. The comic is alot better I think. I wish the showed followed the comic just a bit more...

Dude U should send they chopper U R working on to the show and see if the put it in.

I kind of wish that they had stuck to the comic a bit more also; especially after last weeks episode.

I'm also not that crazy about the actor cast to play Rick; his limited acting ability kind of reminds be of Tom Cruise.

Dude U should send they chopper U R working on to the show and see if the put it in.

That would be awesome! I wish!

If I did, I'd probably get a surprise visit from Gerber's hired goon division.

Does Gerber make a Michonne katana? There is a pic in you gallery that I think would rock in that role!

I haven't read the comics & probably won't,so I'm diggin' the show.:eek:
They need to hit the road & find their own farm to settle on though.JMO.
A nice little .22 is all you'd need & there should be plenty of ammo available wherever you went.

I'm a big fan of the show. I don't like some of the actors, i.e. shane, andrea, herschel. The story is good, the special effects are good, but why does everyone have to be a dumbass?! :grumpy: Lori and Carl can go die for all I care. Daryl is 100% badass.

Getting ready to watch the new episode; I really hope it's better than last weeks...

I'm a fan of anything zombie or pretty much anything horror for that matter. For a weapon I really like the idea of a cross bow like Darryl carries. Doesn't make noise, ammo is reusable and you could
probably make your own arrows, and it has good range. Up close and personal I'd go with a machete. Or hell maybe even a samurai sword. Make decapitating zombie heads pretty easy.

I had the chance to watch the last episode last night; absolutely terrible.

It's a shame, because the comic is so good.

The writing is getting weak, and they just killed off two of the best actors on the show.

I'm predicting that ratings are going to take a hit soon.

I'm a fan of anything zombie or pretty much anything horror for that matter. For a weapon I really like the idea of a cross bow like Darryl carries. Doesn't make noise, ammo is reusable and you could
probably make your own arrows, and it has good range. Up close and personal I'd go with a machete. Or hell maybe even a samurai sword. Make decapitating zombie heads pretty easy.

A cross bow makes sense, although I wonder if a bolt/arrow would reliably penetrate a skull.

A machete is always a great choice!

Hopefully I'd never run out of .22 ammo for my S&W M&P 15-22!

I just watched the season finale last night; probably the best episode of the season!

Kind of interesting how they brought in Michone.

Looks like we'll have to wait until fall to see what happens.

Back