Anyone else excited about State & Union's F01 folder?

BRL

I've got my order in and I can't wait. Incredible looking blade and handle profiles, fun color schemes, love that it's made in the US.

Agree with you both. Wanted the other but thought that they missed on the price point. I have only one criticism, to my knowledge nowhere is the word "Ka-Bar" found on the knife.

After I emailed to inquire, I finally received shipping confirmation yesterday, a week and two days after I ordered it. That is unlike KA-BAR and a bit disappointing.

What about you gents?

I received mine today. Fit and finish is excellent. However, it is a little smaller than I expected. I hope this comment is not a kiss of death but I think "gentlemen's knife". Not too big built like a Rolex, looks understated but classy.

Mine just arrived. It’s a decent little knife but I have hundreds of quality folders in this price range and I’m not seeing anything revolutionary here.
ybkakNs.jpeg

jQNHjBK.jpeg

I wish the blade were centered better, I noticed it and it bothered me as soon as I took it out of the box. I am going to have to dial that in (and I’m not thrilled that I should have to)…
DXCNhkE.jpeg

Those are my first thoughts.

thank you for the comparison pic -- that's pretty close to Mnandi size, which is smaller than I prefer.

I wasn't overwhelmed either. I can't evaluate with the authority of most of you. I do think its well made and about right for the price. In another post I said it suggests a gentleman knife. I think with a classier clip it would be an easier argument. The question is if I'd had it in my hand before I purchased, I don't know?

Back