Anyone else excited about the cold weather soon?

I can't wait! Get on the lake and do some ice fishing. Snow also makes it easier to track the blood trail of deer. It's worth it to sit freezing your toes off to have a nice blood trail.

Cant freakin wait. Fall is my favorite time of the yr, snow on the other hand I get tired of that stuff pretty quick!

I feel a bond with everyone here. I love fall and winter. I love how crisp the air is. Only thing I don't like is how short the days are.

1.Autumn
2.Winter
3.Spring
4.Summer

In that order.

Cold, yes. Snow, not so much. Though that's mostly due to my occupation. Deicing aircraft in a howling blizzard is not as much fun as it sounds, regardless of gear worn.

On a side note, that collection of Star Wars LEGOs is absolutely fantastic. I used to spend hours building and rebuilding those things. :)

It's been like South Florida here (SoCal), only without the evening rains to take the edge off. The local power company has been issuing power consumption alerts for the past week (nice going San Onofre!). I cannot wait for the weather to break.

You have no idea.

I have hyperactive thyroid and constantly burning fat regardless. Winter is my season.

love rain snow etc

waiting to take my dog on her first snow hike.

Spoolup I think you and me have the same gear bug.

I just recently got a Arc'teryx LEAF Alpha parka for my outdoor needs however I got it in black for all around use. I have some Umbrella Corporation patches on mine though:cool:

Also waiting on some new Kifaru gear to show up including a multicam woobie for some hammock camping in October with a buddy.

If you are wanting to browse some cool Star Wars patches go to sgpatch.com I think they have just about everything one could think of for Sci Fi.

I live in Tampa and work outside so the heat couldn't go fast enough for me.

I love cold weather. I'm headed out for a 7 mile hike and hope to get some good photos.

Well its still hot here, 60... yuk. But its slowly coming down. Have the elk hunt the first week in October, so Im really looking forward to it. Im usually the "bad storm charm" seems every year I go the weather turns on the team already up there, but it gives me a chance to use the new gear. This year Im going to try it in a hammock with my Hennessy moded 2QZQ hammock, hammockgear 0* incubator/ burrow, warbonnet superfly with doors, and Im hoping for single digit use to test it out. If it gets too bad however I will have the Kifaru 8man with stove in the vehicle.

Rat Fink... that does not sound that fun. Single digits, or just below 0F is great for me.

Mossyhorn, I will keep and eye out for your post.

Crossada, you will enjoy the woobie, I own 2. A foliage/ foliage one (no OD, kifaru messed up but gave me 10% off on it) its has been to a dozen countries with me and I take it every time I fly since airplane blankets give me the itches, and a MC one. I was debating a woobie express but wanted a hood. Ended up with a HPG Serape (MC of course), which my daughter has all but stole from me. She sleeps with it at night, I see her walking around with it the other weekend and follow her into her room watching smurfs. It was adorable, snapped this photo before she knew I was there. She reminded me of a cross between a Ewok and a Jawa.

Old photos of the 8man
2.JPG

9.JPG

My little Multicam Ewok
serape1.JPG

Last edited:
Back