Anyone ever used rem-oil?

Has anyone ever used rem-oil as a lubricant? Will it harm anything in a delica 4? (steel, frn, phosphor bronze)

THANKS!

Works great as a firearm lubricant. I guess it should, as that is what it was made for. Spray on and wipe off. Should work well for a knife.

I use it, have for years on firearms as well as knives...no problems.

I have had problems with Rem oil gumming up when duck hunting in cold temperatures. I switched to Break Free and have had no trouble. I added some Molybdenum Disulfide powder to mine and it really smooths things up. It is a little hard to find, I suppose graphite would be an okay substitute. :thumbup:

I used to use it on folders, but stopped because it collects so much dust and crud that you have to clean it out after a day of carry anyways. Since then I've found warm, plain tap water to be more than sufficient for cleaning out a folder and keeping the action smooth. Water is foodsafe too ;)

Now I only use Rem-Oil as a rust inhibitor on my carbon steel blades and it works fine there.

I have had problems with Rem oil gumming up when duck hunting in cold temperatures. I switched to Break Free and have had no trouble. I added some Molybdenum Disulfide powder to mine and it really smooths things up. It is a little hard to find, I suppose graphite would be an okay substitute. :thumbup:

Stick with the Moly. Graphite can cause corrosion problems with non-stainless steels.

Here is a source for powdered moly disulfide.

http://www.sentrysolutions.com/BP2000kew.shtml

Has anyone ever used rem-oil as a lubricant? Will it harm anything in a delica 4? (steel, frn, phosphor bronze)

THANKS!

I recommend it for all guns and all knives under all conditions. It's REALLY nice stuff. (Shake well.)

Unfortunately, I'm quite allergic to it (took me a while to figure that out) so now I use Breakfree CLP instead.

Thanks for the opinions! I just ran out to walmart and picked some up. It works great, and is readily available. And cheap!

Graphite will cause problems with a knife with aluminum liners because graphite is an excellent electrical conductor wich serves as a catalyst for galvanic corrosion. This is the reason troops had corrosion problems while using graphite on M-16 series weapons. Brass is more stable so liners made of that and most stainless will be fine.

I'm A Trap shooter and it works great on Firearms. As you may already know though any oily, sticky substance will for sure gather dust. Pockets are great for lint. So your probably going to get some in the folder.

Use it sparingly and wipe out exes with Q tip and your good to go.

armilite

I've used Rem-oil for years as a firearms and knife lubricant. Actually to lubricate just about anything that needed it. I put it on, wipe it off, then try to maintain a thin film of it.

I switched to Tetra products when I moved to Alaska for my firearms. It works better in extreme cold. I bet it would work great on knives as well.

Charles

MT reccomends rem oil for there OTF autos FWIW.

i always use either rem oil, tuff glide or mili-tech myself, usually tuff glide,

Back