anyone from N.J. or northeast P.A.

I'm up near Trenton, SF....I believe there are a few of us nuts in the area!

There's a great custom show in NYC in November, if I recall correctly---there are usually some BFC get togethers up there, if you are interested

Hi John
I'm stationed at McGuire A.F.B., next to Ft. Dix. Are you a collector?. I have been collecting for about 20-25 yrs. I'm a big fan of randalls, These are the backbone of my collection. But I have blades from many other makers. Thanks for letting me know about the knife show, I'm afraid I won't be able to make it. Uncle sam keeps me busy. take care and write again. Al

I am from Southeast PA but I often head up to North Jersey to see my in laws. Up around Montclair. That knife show in November sounds like fun, any more details would be great.

Guys--there is a gun show in Ft Washington PA, at the Ft Wash Expo Center, this weekend...I'll be there working a knife booth on Sunday. The vendor, Rip Off Knives, has a great collection of production and rarer stuff like Chris Reeve and Mission Knife and Tool.

It's a pretty good show, and the only large gun show in "our" area these days, unfortunately.

The NY Custom Show is listed in Blade and Tactical Knives--it's in November and is a lot of fun.

SF, I collect a bunch of stuff, nothing in particular, a few Mad Dogs, Reeve, a few Busse, but I really like Randalls from what I have seen....Nordic, who deals in a lot of Randalls , is usually at the NY show, as is Emerson and Reeve, and Busse.

Just north of you there is a great outdoor store, Harry's Army Navy, on Rte 206 in Bordentown, I think...a pretty good selection of production stuff and sharpeners--ever been there?

Hi JohnG
Thanks for the reply, I don't live far from Ft. Washington. I have a friend that lives there, he will most likly be there. I have been to harry's afew times, good store. do you know of any custom knife stores in this area? Thanks again. Al

Hi Guys, there is a gun and knife show in Mt Bethel,Pa next Sunday, 10/8.
JohnG, that's Rhett Stidham and the Randall Knife Society at the NY Show, Nordic has never been there.Still a good selection of Randalls though.

------------------
Dave (Phil.4:13)
I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me
Here's Lifter: www.profitness.com/Profiles/profileDaveAbramson

I am in Pittsburgh, PA...the former STEEL city. Anyway, I would like to meet some of you guys.

If any of you get to the Pittburgh area at all, let me know. Reach me at: lundo@telerama.com

Ciao...

------------------

---------------
Lundo

Lifter, thanks for the correction---I must have been thinking of the ads Nordic runs in some of the mags:)

As for custom stores, I am not familiar with any in the area, short of the stuff for sale at Paragon Sporting goods in NYC---unusual selection, VERY expensive!

For such a big city NY is lacking a lot:)Even the old reliable martial arts/fake ID/cheeso knockoff stores seem to be pretty much gone from the Times Square area

If I recall correctly there are two custom shows in the city, March and November or so, that are packed to to the rafters with great custom and production stuff...well worth the trip for a knife nut.

As for stores, other than Harry's, there are a few outdoor stores that have a varying supply, like Ramsey Outdoor in Mahwah(Benchmade and Spydercos, for example) and one called J.T.'s in Port Jervis, NY---kinda a way off for central Jersey people--that has some interesting stuff like a Randall when I was there over a year ago. In the Baltimore area there is a chain called Chesepeake Knife and Tool that sounds ok, and I remember a chain called Herder's in some of the Philly suburban malls---kind of like the Remington stores that remain...limited stock, but great for buying an electric nose hair trimmer with an O-1 or talonite blade and G10 grips(just kidding)

Philly and west, I draw a blank...there used to be a great gun show several times a year in King of Prussia but that seems to be history...so for now I am relying on mail order/internet dealers and the shows.

Hope to see some of you guys in November---anyone go shooting in Central Jersey and can recommend a place?

John-good run down. There's also a Ramsey Outdoor World(same owners)in Ledgewood NJ on rt.46 right off rt.80. They have a decent selection of Benchmades,Bucks,Camillus,etc. but unless on clearance prices are full retail.
JT's shop in Pert Jervis is very good. If anyone tries to find it, remember the outside says Military Surplus or you'll miss it. He has a good selection of Meerdinks, Randalls,some other customs and lots of production knives. JT is very friendly and knowledgable but of course you will pay more than internet prices.
Forget Paragon unless you're suffering from too high taxes and you need to empty your bank account.
There was a small knife show in Wayne,NJ this year which I didn't get to but maybe someone else here did and can let us know how it was. The White Plains and Westchester gun shows have turned into alot of knives due to all the gun laws.
Anyway, if anyone's in the area, I'll have a table at the Mt Bethel(Pa) military show this Sunday. Just take rt.80(NJ) to exit 4,follow signs for Portland,Pa. and when you pay the toll just go straight 4 miles till you get to the big firehouse. It's from 9am-3pm. To be honest, I'll just be selling cheap stuff like from Smokey Mountain, but there are a few dealers there with good knives. I've seen Lile's,Randalls,Booths,etc there.There's lots of guns and military stuff there too.
Remember-only 7 weeks till NY Custom Show!

------------------
Dave (Phil.4:13)
I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me
Lifter at work: www.profitness.com/Profiles/profileDaveAbramson

Dave---if I thinking the same show as you, the knife show in Wayne was cancelled at literally the last minute--I remember driving ALL the way up there to see a small sign on the door...oh, well!

Didn't know about the Ramsey store in Ledgewood--thanks. There is a police and outdoor supply store called Ray's on Rte 22 that has a lot of stuff, including autos, but fairly pricey, and of course us civilians can't buy most of the best toys there:)

Thanks for the info on the show in Mt Bethel, too. Good luck with it.

Back