Anyone Get a Chance to Handle an M5?

I'm looking at picking up an M5 but can't find any locally to handle, and I'm not sure if I should get G10 or micarta. I know that people say micarta feels warmer and G10 is rougher as a general rule, but it's been my experience that the comfort and grip vary with the design of the handle, texture, and milling on the grips. ie, some knives just feel better in micarta and some feel better in G10. Does anyone have any experience handling either who could provide feedback on which would give better grip and be more comfortable on a hard use knife in both hot/dry and cold/wet conditions?

I have two of the T5's in the micarta handle material.
Personally I prefer the micarta over g10. It feels better in the hand and gives a better grip when wet.
G10 is harder, colder, more solvent resistant.
Either way the T5 has become one of my very favorite knives. The Niolox blade takes and holds a sceamin sharp edge, truly amazing.
The sheath is probably the best factory sheath I have ever seen.
Fantastic package and performance at a very good price.
Get one!

I have a m5 , but in olive wood. So I can’t really comment. But the reason I’m posting is I also have a m4 in olive that I really like. And my son has a m4 in g10. The g10 version feels a lot better , more comfortable and secure grip. I still prefer the olive though

I have an M5, T5 and an M3 in Micarta. LOVE the micarta, although I do not have experience with the Lionsteel G10.

Back