Anyone have a Boker JTN ("Join The Navy")?

I am looking at a Boker JTN ("Join The Navy") fixed blade on the web and considering it's purchase. My main considerations are the grip size and tang thickness. I have medium+ sized hands and appreciate a thick grip. Also, I don't seem to find a reference as to it's blade/tang thickness - can someone measure their example for me? I hope it doesn't have anything re 'Join The Navy' on the knife or sheath - on the box is fine (I did that once - got out over four decades ago!) Thanks!

Stainz

Wow - eighty-odd views and no replies... not even from a Boker rep! The main info I wanted was the blade's thickness. I also posted on the General forum - no replies there. Must not be much interest in the Boker JTN fb knife - perhaps an omen?

Stainz

Handle thickness .96
Blade stock thickness .16 (should be tang thickness as well)
I usually check specs on BladeHQ, they list them there.

I am sorry, I've seen it too late.
The tang thicknes is correct, it is 3.8 mm and handle thickness is also correct, about 2,5 cm.

Stainz,

I just received this knife from my wife for my birthday. So far I love the knife, it's definitely a high quality tool. To your questions, there isn't any JTN branding on the knife or sheath. here is a small VOX logo on the reverse side of the blade. The handle is very beefy and heavy. I have medium sized hands and it is a little large for me, but not uncomfortably. The blade is very thick and could stand up to some punishment. The jimping is rounded, and my thumb slips a little but not severely. I am not a huge fan of the sheath, but that's common for fixed blades and I'm generally a fan of simple leather pouch sheaths. If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help!

Thanks for the BladeHQ suggestion, Akcir - they have a good price, too. Thanks for your reply, too, redwood22, and congratulations on your great wife - and gift! I got several items from my Amazon wish list for Christmas, but not the pricey JTN - which has since gone up there. Little matter now - I have bills to pay. Besides... I 'found' my still unused Boker Savannah, misplaced since our move 7/13 (It was hiding in plain sight!). It was a local purchase at a great price - with s/t it was less than the least expensive JTN! And... it was bought before the move - and resulting huge mortgage, which halted my knife buying. I 'thought' I wanted the JTN for a bushcraft knife, but my Savannah is likely better suited for such. Sorry, Marketing, but my interest had waned by the time of your reply - which I didn't see until moments ago.

Stainz

Back