1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Anyone have a Boker JTN ("Join The Navy")?

Discussion in 'Boker USA' started by Stainz, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Stainz

Stainz

Jun 24, 2007
    I am looking at a Boker JTN ("Join The Navy") fixed blade on the web and considering it's purchase. My main considerations are the grip size and tang thickness. I have medium+ sized hands and appreciate a thick grip. Also, I don't seem to find a reference as to it's blade/tang thickness - can someone measure their example for me? I hope it doesn't have anything re 'Join The Navy' on the knife or sheath - on the box is fine (I did that once - got out over four decades ago!) Thanks!

Stainz

2. Stainz

Stainz

Jun 24, 2007
    Wow - eighty-odd views and no replies... not even from a Boker rep! The main info I wanted was the blade's thickness. I also posted on the General forum - no replies there. Must not be much interest in the Boker JTN fb knife - perhaps an omen?

Stainz

3. Akcir

Akcir

Sep 16, 2012
    Handle thickness .96
    Blade stock thickness .16 (should be tang thickness as well)
    I usually check specs on BladeHQ, they list them there.

4. Marketing

Marketing

Aug 1, 2007
    I am sorry, I've seen it too late.
    The tang thicknes is correct, it is 3.8 mm and handle thickness is also correct, about 2,5 cm.

5. redwood22

redwood22

Jan 23, 2014
    Stainz,

I just received this knife from my wife for my birthday. So far I love the knife, it's definitely a high quality tool. To your questions, there isn't any JTN branding on the knife or sheath. here is a small VOX logo on the reverse side of the blade. The handle is very beefy and heavy. I have medium sized hands and it is a little large for me, but not uncomfortably. The blade is very thick and could stand up to some punishment. The jimping is rounded, and my thumb slips a little but not severely. I am not a huge fan of the sheath, but that's common for fixed blades and I'm generally a fan of simple leather pouch sheaths. If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help!

6. Stainz

Stainz

Jun 24, 2007
    Thanks for the BladeHQ suggestion, Akcir - they have a good price, too. Thanks for your reply, too, redwood22, and congratulations on your great wife - and gift! I got several items from my Amazon wish list for Christmas, but not the pricey JTN - which has since gone up there. Little matter now - I have bills to pay. Besides... I 'found' my still unused Boker Savannah, misplaced since our move 7/13 (It was hiding in plain sight!). It was a local purchase at a great price - with s/t it was less than the least expensive JTN! And... it was bought before the move - and resulting huge mortgage, which halted my knife buying. I 'thought' I wanted the JTN for a bushcraft knife, but my Savannah is likely better suited for such. Sorry, Marketing, but my interest had waned by the time of your reply - which I didn't see until moments ago.

Stainz