Anyone have the slim wallet?

Hey, I was just looking at the Slim wallet and I would like to try it out. I have a few Saddleback wallets so I may as well get this one too. In the video on Sadddleback's youtube channel Dave shows the wallet with U.S money and it looks like the bills are a perfect fit, however, Canadian bills are somewhat dimensionally larger and I worry they will not fit properly.

Anyone have one? if so could you throw a Canadian bill in there to check the sizing for me? :thumbup:

Last edited:
I own the slim wallet and fits the US bills no problem. Very spacious. The leather seems much thinner than the earlier leather wallets. I'm not sure how much wider Canadian bills are, but with how easy US bills go in I'd imagine you'd probably be okay. If anything I'm sure you can just shoot SBL an email and they'll let you know. They are very responsive and personable with their emails.

I think you are also referring to what they call the small bi-fold wallet now also. If so, how many cards have you been able to stack on either side?

Thanks,

John

John, you're correct. I was talking about the small bi-fold (which I received about a week ago). Slimmer than I thought and although still new (and stiff) I was able to get four credit cards into each pocket without a fuss. It may expand a bit, but I usually only carry a total of six cards, which'll make 3 on each side. Downside is I think you'll have to pull all the cards in each side out in order to access the one you want. Not really a problem for me though. Nice simple, basic wallet without a bell or whistle in sight.

From the reviews I've read, the leather stretches to accommodate what you put in it. Downside to that would be if you put a significant amount in it and then later reduced what you carried...they they would probably fall out if you weren't careful. I've been debating that narrow/small bi-fold myself for front pocket carry. I've been suffering the past two weeks due to sitting on my wallet on a two hour ride up the road...I was riding with someone else and simply forgot about the wallet until my foot started getting numb from. I know its still thick empty but by stacking cards in one slot and not in individual staggered slots it seems like it would remain fairly thin if it wasn't overloaded with any more than you have decided to carry in it.

john

Back