Anyone have the Timex Hummer watch?

If so, what do you think of it? At first I thought they were a little square and ugly, just like the namesake! But the heavy duty look has grown on me. I'm a big watch fan anyway, have a couple G-shocks. So I thought I'd add a Hummer too. Any thoughts are welcome!

I have one. Really liked it till the head of one of the little screws on the ends of the rods that hold the watch to the strap fell off. Went to Wal-Mart to get a replacement and was told that I would have to contact the manufacturer to get a replacement.
frown.gif
Other than that, I really liked the watch. Too much hassle to find a simple part though. I've been too busy to deal with getting a replacement.

I was given a dozen Hummer watches as a promo. I gave them to friends and to my sons, and sold a couple. By all reports it is a rugged watch. Very reliable, but then Timex made their reputation on that _ "...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'".

I think they compare with G-Shocks in terms of durability, but that is NOT based on any carefully controlled comparison - just an assement of construction. One thing to be aware of they are huge! The Hummer watch does not easily slip under the cuff of your shirt and they do tend to get in the way until you get used to their bulk.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll pick one up, it's only about $40 at Walmart. Can't go too wrong with that price!

Back