Anyone Here With A Kydex Touch?

I’m in need of a little Kydex work at some point in the near future. I’m in desperate need for a large knife for clearing brush and what have you on wildfires here in Maine, I’ve got the knife (A KLVUK) but I need some form of Kydex quick draw rig for my line pack or chest webbing. Any formites here in the cantina able to lead me in the right direction?

You can try singlegrind, but he's had surgery on his shoulder lately, so it may be a while before he's available.

I've got to do something along these lines, too many sheath-less knives.

I dont know man? I saw a KLVUK by Kumar that had a sheath with it on a recent DOTD. Werent a Kydex but was a sweet deal!

I gave up the toaster oven. I just use my heat gun now. Works much better for me and can work on parts of the sheath without heating up the whole deal. I don't have one of them presses the big boys use so I have to kind of hand form.

I'm none to good at it of course but good enough for me.

That canvas sheath is kinda khul! I bet a Tamang would fit in there quite nicely. It dont look like it has much drop to it but maybe it does? My wife uses a ColdSteel kydex sheath that fits her KLVUK perfectly. You have to break a KLO to get one tho:D

I like the canvas one too - especially at that price. You could wear through a couple for less than $ 30.00.
My great ambition is to make one out of some very thin bending plywood (I have in stock) and then wrap that with birch bark or oak leaves and epoxy. This will be a winter weekend project andI will certainly share. I think it will be "KHUL" too - inspired by a very nice leather sheath made by Steely_Gunz for the Manakamana he gave to me.

I'd love to hear some feedback on the canvas version if one is purchased.

Ray

something like this ?

G4TZlzth.jpg

Back