Anyone know this Maker's mark?

A gentleman contacted me today about a knife I had made years ago, he asked me if I knew who this maker was and did not recognize the mark. Hoping one of you guys can give me a bit of info as to who this maker is.

GM7D2kA.jpg

Thanks,
Geoff Rutledge

Sorry I don't, but I tried finding a web site but only found a mostly incompleted effort.
It sure would be interesting if someone had a link to a finished or near finished one.

But even then having a name to find his mark would be easy.
Going the other way, ummm IDK.

Dan, can't see your picture but talked to Bob on the phone and have sent him the picture but won't hear back from him for a day or two as his son looks after his email. He said if it is not his it maybe RD Nolan's. Interesting trying to figure it out, thanks for the lead.

Had the guy send me pictures of the opposite side and a picture of the whole knife if that will make any difference in identifying the maker of the knife.
2yvnVQn.jpg

2vQCTks.jpg

Geoff Rutledge

Last edited:
After 20 mins helping look for you, I came up with an answer ^^. :D No comment? :(

As Sharp by Coop pointed out with his link. It is a Ralph Bone knife, That is his DogBone mark.

Do an internet search of Ralph Bone knife and you can see more

I have to agree with Coop and Sceva. It is a Ralph Bone knife. I happened to live in Lubbock (1967,68,69) during the time Ralph was actively making knives there and visited his shop, and that, my friend is one of his and a fairly early one to boot, #266. Do your research on Ralph Bone Knives and you'll find your answers. If memory serves, another maker Rob Davidson, using the name "Rocket Knives" kind of took over after Ralph quit and then he (Rocket Knives) moved to the Marble Falls, Tx. area around the mid to late 70's. His mark was an upright rocket. Google Rocket Knives, and Rob may or may not have additional information. Good Luck

Paul

Last edited:
Thank you guys for the information. Always amazed at the wealth and knowledge that members of Bladeforums have, I will pass the info on to the fellow in Louisiana. Once again thanks and I did look last night but was not able to find an exact copy of the mark shown on the knife, only ones that were close. Wish I had all of the photos in the original post and would have probably made things easier.

Thanks,
Geoff Rutledge

Back