Anyone know what Spyderco has planned for the 15V?

Are they making more of the first 3 models? (PM2, shaman, manix-2) Should I wait or try to get one from the scalpers? Any recs?

Tell me more... Are they going to put out new models or more of the same? What have you heard? Where did you read it?

Tell me more... Are they going to put out new models or more of the same? What have you heard? Where did you read it?

I think it will be a "hotrod" folder with a 15V blade and very thin behind the edge thickness designed by Shawn Houston.

You know it happened already, right? The BBB collab. It came and went. The question is will there be more?

You know it happened already, right? The BBB collab. It came and went. The question is will there be more?

Really? Or do you have the Manix2 etc on your mind? Okay, it's a collab, but that's just the 15V HT protocol.

That was just the steel collab. He's going to have his own designed folder in 15V made in Golden. They're just waiting on the factory expansion to finish since BBB wants it made at the Golden factory. The Manix/PM2/Shaman in 15V was just a way to get the steel/heat treat out to the masses in the meantime.

That was just the steel collab. He's going to have his own designed folder in 15V made in Golden. They're just waiting on the factory expansion to finish since BBB wants it made at the Golden factory. The Manix/PM2/Shaman in 15V was just a way to get the steel/heat treat out to the masses in the meantime.

Oh wow. Where did you guys find this out? Lol. I want to be in the know, as well.

Oh wow. Where did you guys find this out? Lol. I want to be in the know, as well.

Read it over on Spydercoforum. Obviously more traffic there in regards to spyderco specific-stuff.
ETA: check out the reply from the man himself in this thread here

Last edited:
The special knife isn't out yet. There are vague blurry pics around of it in the case at various shows.

No one has said the name or posted a clear photo. It's said to be a liner lock.

Read it over on Spydercoforum. Obviously more traffic there in regards to spyderco specific-stuff.
ETA: check out the reply from the man himself in this thread here
Exactly what I was looking for, bmo! Thanks for the link.

Are you into 15v? what are your thoughts?

Exactly what I was looking for, bmo! Thanks for the link.

Are you into 15v? what are your thoughts?

I was lucky enough to grab an example of all the models released so far. Just a normal guy and use my folders for normal guy stuff so you'll probably want to seek out other accounts, but at least in my experience it holds an edge forever and sharpens up super easy despite the high vanadium content (with the proper abrasives anyway). I seem to remember reading it was also easier for Spyderco to grind too, so I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced the Maxamet models with 15V since the edge retention approaches Maxamet levels and is a bit tougher too.

Your opinion totally counts. We have a lot in common. I am looking to get a manix 2 in 15V, but its been tough.

Back