anyone need a lathe

I have an Enco 9X20 metal lathe that I need to get out of my way.
This lathe is around two years old and has all the extras that usually come with it. 4" 3-jaw chuck, 7" 4-jaw chuck, steady rest, follow rest, metric change gears, 7" faceplate, 2MT dead center, threading dial, 1/2" capacity 4-way tool post, toolbox with tool bits. Several tool bits with all but two new.
This lathe sold new for $950.00, will take $500.00. This lathe was used very little and is in the way.

Micky Wise said:
I have an Enco 9X20 metal lathe that I need to get out of my way.
This lathe is around two years old and has all the extras that usually come with it. 4" 3-jaw chuck, 7" 4-jaw chuck, steady rest, follow rest, metric change gears, 7" faceplate, 2MT dead center, threading dial, 1/2" capacity 4-way tool post, toolbox with tool bits. Several tool bits with all but two new.
This lathe sold new for $950.00, will take $500.00. This lathe was used very little and is in the way.

any idea what the shipping would be to Maine? I don't know the weight so I can't get it.
:confused:

Don't be bummed out guys. If you really want a lathe and that's your price range, just start looking at the local classifieds, or Recycler type publications. You should be able to find a nice little Southbend 9" or maybe a small Atlas with some tooling in that price range. As an added bonus you'll get a machine that is a lot more sturdy and doesn't have a metric leadscrew, so cutting US style threads will be easier. For some great tips on buying a used lathe look here:

http://www.mermac.com/advicenew.html

Be sure to read his treatise "In praise of clunkers" as well:

http://www.mermac.com/klunker2.html

Dave's a great guy and hangs out sometimes at www.practicalmachinist.com. A must visit forum for machine addicts.

Edited to add, I'm in no way knocking the Enco for sale here. I had the same machine, but with a Jet name plate and for the price offered, it's a lot of machine. It was enough to get me turning metal again after many years away and I paid a couple hundred more for a used one than what's featured here and never regretted it. It found it's way into another maker's shop when I found a deal I couldn't pass up on an old Hardinge (don't take that to mean I consider myself a maker, I'm still a wannabe).

John

Thanks Micky, I just made it back home after 4 hours up and 4 1/2 hours back. Micky had everything ready to load and was a nice guy to boot. I hope to see ya at a show one day so that we can talk more.

Bobby

Back