Anyone receive their Amherst Gents Folder yet ?

Well. . . .got mine today. Broke out the jewelers loupe and. . . . :p

OK, I don't own a jewelers loupe, but my calibrated eyeballs couldn't find anything wrong with the new addition. :D I mean nothing. :eek: And talk about sharp outta the box. :thumbup: It even came with a leather pouch thingy that clips to the pocket. But being the manly traditionalist that I am. . . .the knife will never see that pouch again. Yeah. . . . .right. Personally, the pouch thing is a nice touch.

I'll try to post pics later this evening.

Gig, I think you better get some pictures of it up so's we can make sure your eyeballs are still calibrated. Your jaw hittin' the floor earlier might have knocked something loose. :D ;)

If I think I understand what I believe I think I did, I pre-ordered a stag peanut yesterday. Have not rec'd a call back yet. Glad to hear a good report from Gig. Now get those pictures posted Mr. G. :D

Mine rolled in today. This is my second gents knife from them.
Very well matched dark green ivory scales, nice action, arrived as sharp as any slip joint I have owned, F&F top notch.

Gig and I are gonna have a pretty good knife week this week, but I gotta stop and start putting away for a camera instead of knives.:mad:

I have no business at all buying knives this soon after Blade, but two more are coming.

Set 1. . . . . . .hopefully. . . .

Attachments

• Amherst Gents Knife left side.jpg
    Amherst Gents Knife left side.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 219
  • Amherst Gents Knife left side 2.jpg
    Amherst Gents Knife left side 2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Amherst Gents Knife right side.jpg
    Amherst Gents Knife right side.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Amherst Gents Knife folded over blade.jpg
    Amherst Gents Knife folded over blade.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 112
Set 2. . . . . . :D

Attachments

• Amherst Gents Knife folded left side.jpg
    Amherst Gents Knife folded left side.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Amherst Gents Knife spine.jpg
    Amherst Gents Knife spine.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 84
Outstanding knife, and beautiful photos! I guess your eyes are still dialed in ok afterall. :) That mammoth ivory is the bees knee.

Thanks for showing those. :thumbup:

Friends,

I got the Gents Folder a few days after the blade show. It is shown as the Prototype Gents Folder #3, under Custom Knives. It is Mammoth Ivory, and the picture doesn't do it justice! Carmel colored Ivory with blue and streaks of black in the middle. Fantastic looking knife! The F&F are really good, with the blade being Wicked sharp! :thumbup:

When I first was "introduced" to this company from Bastid, I looked at the gents folders for 2 days. I should have bought a couple of them right away. They jumped up in price, but to me, still worth it.

I also picked up the prototype Coffin Jack, (Pict. #4). It is a beautiful piece of Fossil Walrus Ivory, with a very nice long nail nick! I like it. A Gorgous knife! I feel lucky to have two of them, right out of the shoot! ;)

I wonder if Half-Stops are in the works? Do you think that this company would "fit the bill" for a custom BladeForum knife? Sure hope so!

Kent B. Warnberg

Wow! Great dark color and surface texture. I won't need to re-profile this one, it came plenty sharp. It's already clipped inside my pocket.

I just recieved mine yesterday :D. I had looked for a set of Dark Ivory and that is exactly what I recieved. They are great with lots of blues and greens, One pit, but that is exactly as expected. It came as sharp as anything I have bought. I love the slip case, as much as I like Todd Davidsons cases, these are so much nicer. I do wish I had bought a second one, but that will come. I give this one a 9-9.5. Only change would have been half stops, but it so very nice, at a great price. Am I happy, Of ocurse! Steven

I figured I would just piggyback on Gig's Amhurst thread instead of starting a new one.
Arrived today. Amhurst stag peanut, about 2 7/8, very well done with some great stag. I seem to recall in another Amhurst thread that the blades will be marked with their name somehow but this one is "sterile". No identifying marks anywhere. Which makes this peanut a great carry for covert operations.:D

IMG_2582_2.jpg

I'm just a little concerned that so many folks around here are holding themselves out as gents! :eek:

;)

Yup, that is pretty scary to me Blues. :D.

Nice piggybackin', Rob ! :D

I've been eyeballin' several "prototypes" on their website, but my knife fund is out of frog skins. :grumpy: Rob, seeing that you have a "covert" peanut. . . .maybe you could lend it to me so I can covert ops me some frog skins ? :D

I'm just a little concerned that so many folks around here are holding themselves out as gents! :eek:

;)

Yup, that is pretty scary to me Blues. :D.

I'm just hoping that one day, if I own enough gent's knives, the gents part will rub off on me. :D

Back