1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Anyone received an Ugly Betty?

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by LukeTheSpook, Apr 10, 2018.

1. LukeTheSpook

LukeTheSpook

Jan 2, 2015
    curious if anyone has received their ugly Betty 4.1? I ordered on August 2017 (90 days).

I haven't seen them included in any of the updates.

2. mlmcasual

mlmcasual

Jun 10, 2013
    Never received an Ugly Betty... once gave a Sneaky Castro though.

3. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Uglies are included in the weekly sales, and based on a recent post they are working on the April 2017 weekly sales orders.
    Ellie has said that they didn't have very many weekly sales last summer (and they stopped taking orders in October) so there might not be an enormous number of orders ahead of you.
    Edit: My 4.1 is a second, but I do have an order in for an ugly.

4. ATJ999

ATJ999 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I ordered an ugly Betty mid August. It will be a while, a few months at least, I'd imagine. I just received my F2nd I ordered April 12th. So, We got about 3-4 months I'd guess.

5. ajvail18

ajvail18 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2017
    The ugly Betty’s were part of the weekly sales. I placed an order as well. I have seen post from people receiving shipping notifications for April 2017. I don’t think there were very many weekly sales between May-August. Hopefully once things get settled from the move, they will get the weekly sales finished.

6. El Viajero

El Viajero

Feb 11, 2016
    What is an Ugly Betty?

7. Psybull

Psybull

Dec 31, 2015
    Basically a factory 3rd which is still a pretty good knife using Guy's quality standards. The big perk is the price which is 40% off the price of a first. They also will have Ugly Betty etched under the flag instead of factory second. For a user hard to beat but I don't believe the factory warranty covers the Bettys is the only down side not that you would ever need it.

8. El Viajero

El Viajero

Feb 11, 2016
    So basically the finish is off or something? I saw one for sale and was curious as the website wasn't to clear. To me the knife looked fine but I wanted to be sure. Thank you for the explanation.

9. Psybull

Psybull

Dec 31, 2015
    The flaws are still fairly minor, some are just out of spec- hardly able to notice by eye. Others have small pits or finish issues on the blanks. Use them a few times and all you will notice is how good of a deal you got on a good knife. I am eagerly waiting on the new spec Betty 4.1s to start shipping. If you look on page 4 of this forum there is a picture of an Ugly Betty that shows what the etching looks like on a 4.7.

10. Burke

Burke Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 1999
    I ordered one in August. Haven't seen it yet.

11. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Unreal.

12. LukeTheSpook

LukeTheSpook

Jan 2, 2015

Yeah, I cancelled that one too. So as it stands, I've cancelled a 4.1, two 2.7's, a 7/7 and an ugly Betty. Then I sold my 10 and 5.

I still have a tough time wrapping my head around this stuff. Why is there even any support for a sub forum?

prestige likes this.
  13. Citori

Citori

Sep 28, 2002
    It is a wonderful place to see hopes crushed.

14. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
    The Ugly Betty GSO-4.1s were part of the weekly sales, which we have mentioned in every 1st Friday Update. There are 5 batches of weekly sales ahead of this particular one. We are also working on Preorders for various models right now.

Since you already had your orders refunded, and we haven't had weekly sales for about 7 months, and everyone here already knows that we are behind, I'm going to assume this thread was created in an effort to stir the pot. The OP has been addressed, so I'm just going to go ahead and close this.

tech25, CataD, ajvail18 and 1 other person like this.