ANZA Knives?

Most of my purchases of late have been ESEE but my co-worker is trying to talk me into an ANZA. He uses it as his go to hunting knife and seems to really like it. Side note...(I've talked him into buying a ESEE-3 and an Izula.)

Anyone ever use/buy an ANZA or know anything about them. I'm not trying to take anything away from ESEE, I just respect the collective knowledge around here.

Thanks

ANZA+%27REGULAR+BASTARD+II%27+FIELD+KNIFE.jpg

Anzas are great knives. They're true customs, so they will vary a bit from knife to knife for the same model. The grinds aren't perfectly even and they're not made for snapping pictures of and throwing in a safe, but they're fantastic knives for the price and Charlie Davis is a cool guy.

I own one, perhaps the same one in your posted picture, and love mine too. Can't speak to their larger knives, but for a little skinner type I can't imagine anything else i'd rather have at that price point. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Ergonomics are really excellent and it takes and keeps an edge quite well. They tend to be ground a little thin, but for a small skinner that's perfect, just a head's up if that's not what you want.

I love my Anza knife. Very sharp and holds and edge well. I love the hand made feel to it and they are very durable. I own a customized "Vietnam" model and it works like a champ. It's my edc.

Tony

I just looked at some of their prices and they seem very reasonable. I may have to pick one up myself.:)

Ha! I also have that exact knife!! I agree that their edges are a wee bit thin (I think I own three Anzas...?). Get one!

Back