Anza- What a great knife!

Man! I just got an ANZA in the mail.... Not only id this thing hellaciously sharp, but the fit and finish are on the level of knives costing a ****load more. Do you guys have any experience w/ these knives? So far I love em and Charlie (the owner) is cool as hell to talk to

I won one on their Monthly give-away and it seems to be a super knife. They put my initials on it as well which was a nice touch. good company.

Originally posted by Devilnut
Man! I just got an ANZA in the mail.... Not only id this thing hellaciously sharp, but the fit and finish are on the level of knives costing a ****load more. Do you guys have any experience w/ these knives? So far I love em and Charlie (the owner) is cool as hell to talk to

From what I hear they are great cutters, I have one little problem with them though.

They leave the file teeth on the sides of the blade. How do you get those clean after you use the knife to cut up some poultry?

You can wash the knife but those little groves are going to capture and incubate all kinds of microcopic beasties.

You wash the knife and think you're safe and then use the knife to cut a piece of fruit in half and the next day you are struck with salmonella or worse.

Drew

Drew,
Hit the grooves with a weak bleach solution. Will kill anything in them. Good idea for cutting boards also.
Yes, it's a bit of a hassle. However, don't want you turning colors on us.

I have an Anza at the house. Haven't seen it yet though. I've wanted one for a long time. Hope it doesn't dissappoint.

I don't think I'd want to use bleach on a knife. Even harsh detergents aren't recommended; they can cause microscopic "pits" that will eventually dull the blade. A simple antibacterial dish-soap is probably your best bet.

~ashes

I picked up one of their smaller models with a 2.5 inch blade. The blade is wicked sharp and the finish on the knife and sheath are top notch. Anza knives are one of the best buys out there.

I have several of them and love them all. They cut, cut, and cut. :D

I would use dish soap, as Ashes has suggested, and maybe an old toothbrush or small bottlebrush on the filemarks.

If you wanted one without filemarks, I bet Charlie Davis would make it for you that way, at a very reasonable price. www.anzaknives.com.

Not pimping, just as information. ;)

Bill

I agree, Charlie is always trying come up with ways to improve his knives. I don't think that the grooves on his knives are much of a big deal to get clean...
...but since they vary from knife to knife you could have one with deep grooves, personally I love the grooves, they look good IMO

I picked up an Anza Boddington on a trade. It should be a tough blade for general use. Haven't gotten around to testing it yet but it did come very sharp.

I hadn't thought about the problem with the grooves that was brought up here. Something to watch out for if you were to use this knife while camping to prepare game and then to cut something to eat that you don't cook.

The Boddington came with a simple pouch leather sheath. It sure would be nice with a Kydex sheath.

I just recieved an Anza mini Hunter that I ordered off of ebay. I am disapointed but it isn't Anza's or the sellers fault. I didn't realize how small this model is. It is almost a toy it is so small. Blade is a little less then 2 inches with only 1 3/4 inches of cutting edge. When I bid on it, and saw the picture it just looked bigger. The seller did give the dimensions but I just didn't think to check and see how small it was. I dont know what I can use this thing for except maybe opening mail and boxes.

I should have checked with a ruler before I bid on it. Only paid 15 bucks plus shipping.

I could get a neck sheath for it for concealed carry but I don't know wear to get something like that.

wazzup

Originally posted by Ilovetoolsteel

They leave the file teeth on the sides of the blade. How do you get those clean after you use the knife to cut up some poultry?

Don't use it for cutting food? Use a kitchen knife instead? :)

Or if you must use it for cutting raw meat, you could always toss it in boiling water. :)

The only anza I ever had was dull as crap. I was terribly disappointed. I tried every method of sharpening and it wouldn't take an edge! I haven't tried another since.:confused:

Back