• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

appx 250 lb anvil for sale

hello, This anvil is 95% perfect, flat and very usauble. over 100 yrs old. weight between 225 and 250 will try and get exact weight soon. this thing is everything you need...... cutting surface is perfect, has a small cut in back side, flat surface and sharp edges, best old anvil I ran across in years.

besides the 350 lber I just picked up and I paid TOP dollar for it.

Pics to follow.

I want 600 for this anvil and pickup a must. think the hardy hole is 1 1/8"

pics tomorrow. Fisher anvil think date is 1901

Daniel

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

That's a great looking anvil. Do you know who the maker is? Does it have any numbers on the side that has the maker?

the side looks like a fisher. I have used fishers and they dont seem as hard as this one does. no numbers. I would not sell this if I didnt just get a 350 lbs replacement. actually this is a better surface than the larger one. if you take steel wool to it it will gleem on the top when I kept it inside.

Thats a fisher. That two digit number on the right front foot is the weight. Times it by 10 to get the weight..(example: "25" x10= 250 pounds)

No problem, one of the finest anvils out there to work on. No ring and great rebound. Yours is in fantastic shape!

You wont be disappointed! We have the same anvil and its great to work on, very quiet. We also have a Trenton a forged Arm&Hammer and a smaller Hay Budden. We use the Fisher 90% of the time :thumbup:

That is a 200 pound Fisher. If you look close, I think you will see "200" on the foot. The foot area under the hardy should have "FISHER" on it, right above the bolt hole.

Hey Dan,
The anvil arrived today-what a great piece of steel! Great transaction, look forward to doing business with you again.
Thanks.
Jack

thanks and glad you like it..... hope you use it well.....

i have a contact on others.... will sell them later this year....

Back