April Buck of the Month BOTM 2024 - 152 Fixed Blade Ranger S35VN Ebony NS Bolster/Rivets

I have the 2022 BCCI 152 and it is one of my favorite knives. To my eye the nickel silver and ebony are stunning on the 110/112 so this was an easy yes for me. The S35VN is a good choice too. Looking forward to its arrival. In the mean time I'll put the other 152 to work.
XKhrpT4l.jpg

After initially being hesitant on this, and then going back and forth in my head, I channeled my knife money elsewhere lol. I've wanted a 113 for the longest time, but never pulled the trigger. So, I took the $165ish that I was going to spend on this 152, and submitted a custom shop order for a 113 that ended up being like $10 cheaper.

Now I get to wait...

I have a hypothetical question.
On limited editions (like this BOTM), if something happens and you need a replacement knife, but they have already sold them all, are you just up a creek? Refund, but no knife? Asking because my 152 has been "processing" with no update since 5:45am Monday. I'm hoping for the best but curious what would happen, if. I tried to contact Buck Knives Inc. Buck Knives Inc. but he "cannot accept messages".

On limited editions (like this BOTM), if something happens and you need a replacement knife, but they have already sold them all, are you just up a creek? Refund, but no knife? Asking because my 152 has been "processing" with no update since 5:45am Monday. I'm hoping for the best but curious what would happen, if. I tried to contact Buck Knives Inc. Buck Knives Inc. but he "cannot accept messages".
Pretty sure they hold some back in case of issues.

First, a delay in shipping/tracking when these first ship is not uncommon. At least in my experience. Whether that is caused by Buck or the post office I have no idea. But I think it is a bit soon to start getting excited about it.

Second, this BOTM isn't sold out yet. So there are still knives available if there is a problem.

Lastly, When I was slow deciding to order, a few years back, and through some sort of computer glitch managed to place an order, for which they had no knife. I was offered my choice of either a refund, or something from the custom shop.

O.B.

First, a delay in shipping/tracking when these first ship is not uncommon. At least in my experience. Whether that is caused by Buck or the post office I have no idea. But I think it is a bit soon to start getting excited about it.

Second, this BOTM isn't sold out yet. So there are still knives available if there is a problem.

Lastly, When I was slow deciding to order, a few years back, and through some sort of computer glitch managed to place an order, for which they had no knife. I was offered my choice of either a refund, or something from the custom shop.

O.B.
Thanks. Sets my mind at ease. I'm just anxious to see it in person.
It certainly isn't Buck's fault, they sent it out last Thursday and it was tracking fine and on schedule to get here on Monday. Then the P.O. sent it to a "speck on the map" office and it's sat there for over 72 hours. Just the usual shenanigans but it's aggravating me.
Glad to know they haven't "quite" sold out yet.

Back