Arc-Lock Based SOGs...

I am wondering, since there are no stores around me that carry SOG (unless I want to take a long drive
smile.gif
), I was wondering, can you open the X-Ray Vision (or any of thier other Arc-Lock based knifes) with a flick, and close with a flick, like you can the Benchmade (705's, 730's)? Thanks!

Doug

Hi Doug,

The X-Ray Vision, with Arc-Lock, is a very sweet knife!
smile.gif

X-RAYVIS.jpg

The Arc-Lock provides an ultra smooth opening and closing of the knife. With a flick of the thumbstud, the blade does easily fling out. Also, with practice, by pulling the lock mechanism back, one can quickly fling the blade open and closed without tension on the blade. Very sweet!
smile.gif

Let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you.

------------------
Ron Andersen
Consumer Services Manager
SOG Specialty Knives, Inc.

Email: ron@sogknives.com

Ron,

Of course, your not biased, eaither, are you
smile.gif
? You probably got yours for free
smile.gif
!

Doug

Hi Doug,

I do confess to being biased...but that is a function and perk of my job (there are many other knives I also enjoy).

Regarding getting mine free. No, but I was able to use my employment discount.

------------------
Ron Andersen
Consumer Services Manager
SOG Specialty Knives, Inc.

Email: ron@sogknives.com

The knives open very easily and with little resistance one you have some experience "pinching" the arc-lock as Ron described. The Vision in titanium is a bit slippery in the hand, but both the Night Vision and the X-Ray Vision feel great. I just sold my Emerson Commander (poor fit and finish and wobble in parts that shouldn't wobble -- in a $200 knife!) and purchased a Night Vision. Significantly smoother, more positive feeling lock... it just exudes a lot more strength (and confidence!).
Try it -- you won't be disappointed.

Hi Doug!

Yes, Arc Lock equipped knives can be flicked open and close with very minimal effort if lock operating button is pulled backwards.
Here I put some photos which explain how it works. For more info please visit my review on Night Vision.

Back