ARC-LOCK?

Hi, I have a Pentagon-Elite with the ARC-LOCK and I really like the smooth action. But I am worried that the blade deploys too easily with a flick of the wrist. I tried to tighten the pivot point to bias the blade towards closure, but then the ARC-LOCK wouldn't engage properly. Is having a somewhat more loose blade in the handle just a trait of the ARC-LOCK? Or is there a way to tighten the blade and keep the smooth engagement of the ARC-LOCK? LOVE YOUR PRODUCTS! THANKS!
biggrin.gif

Hi Tactical,

Arc-Lock knives are designed to stay closed by the spring tension of the lock pin resting in a notch in the blade. Adusting the pivot bolt will not adjust this tension but will adjust the free motion of the blade. It is designed to be an easy opening knife.

If you would like to talk to me in person about your knife, give me a call at: (888) SOG BEST, ext 228.

------------------
Ron Andersen
Consumer Services Manager
SOG Specialty Knives, Inc.

Email: ron@sogknives.com

OKEY-DOKE!
biggrin.gif
That's kinda what I thought, I never thought there was anything wrong with the knife. I see now how the tension of the ARC-LOCK holds the blade open AND closed. All the non-knife people flicking their wrists(CRKT& customs )
rolleyes.gif
lately has just made me a little nervous. Since when is having such a slick action a detrement? (sigh)
frown.gif
Thanks again, be careful out there!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Tactical (edited 02-14-2001).]

Back