are goatees still " in" ???

I hope so (that they're dying out). I just grew mine back. Originally shaved it off because they had become too trendy.

I had one many years ago. Got sick of it, plus certain girls that mattered said it didn't look so good. So, shaved it off. Then, grew an imperial (tuft of hair beneatch lower lip). I see a fair amount of goatees around, still, but I think less than before.

So, wait... Are we talking about that Ben Affleck thing, because that's what I always think of as a goatee. To me, when a chin beard gets longer and fuller, it becomes a vandyke. Usually there's a mustache involved, too, whether or not it's connected to the chin beard.
Either way, I've had a vandyke for about ten years now. Occasionally I tell myself I'm gonna shave for a change, but I never do. Some of us just look better with facial hair.

James

Imperial?!
Brother that is a "Soul Patch"

Haven't heard Van Dyke in ages.
That's what my folks called my chin& lip hair back in the 70's when it first grew in :D

I've had mine since then, shaved it off once & the luck went to heck.
I'll keep it.
In fashion or out, kinda like my fringed leather jacket :cool: :grumpy: :cool:

I don't think it matters what's "in" either. It depends on the guy; some guys look good with them and some don't. I don't tend to like full beards though, and I never like just a mustache (eww!)

~ashes

well I was always fully shaven but looked stupid, I find since I started growing my goaty (only a few months ago) the female faction has taken more note than previously held ;) so I like it...even aside from that I like my facial hair :D.

I dont follow fashion, let the sheep be sheep...let the wolves do their independent bidding ;)

I had one a few years ago, then a full beard, now I'm cleanshaven. I forgot what I looked like under there.

I've had mine come & go- right now- clean shaven Too much grey showing up in the beard. A very good friend of mine has a monumental soul patch- long & curves out to a point- when he was in Iceland, he was going to (according to a postcard): "freeze it into a skewer & put cocktail weenies on it".

I was excited to get out of the military and grow facial hair again and thats exactly what I did. Just last week I came to the realization that ALL of my coworkers have goatees, almost like a uniform. I think I am going to start shaving again :p

Yep, it seems ot me that goatee popularity seems to be waning. I'm ok with that, because I htink it's unfortunate when something truly cool becomes trendy. :cool:

I've got one going, haven't been clean shaven for over a year(april or may last year)... trimmed up again 2 weeks ago, I'll have to take a pic when I shave again(who knows when that'll be... another week or so?)...

Back