Are more Companions coming???

Brian.Evans

Registered Member
Well, the answer is a qualified yes.

I don't know when, but I do have some details.

Financially, the next run will work. Now, whether they will be sold directly by me or whether they will be sold by a dealer is to be determined.

They will be made in CPM20CV.

They will be somewhat more expensive. Around 50% higher, depending on exact production costs. I'm trying really, really hard to bring production back into the US. I think I'll be able to do it, we'll see. If I can't, price will be about the same. I just can't morally justify dealing with a nation like China any longer.

This next run will be slightly different, but they will be ramped up to the next level! Better steel, higher hardness, longer edge holding, extreme stain resistance, full flat ground vs saber ground, kick ass small flag etch on the reverse side. I think I might even be able to offer an upgraded sheath with them, included in the cost. That will depend.....gotta talk to a man about it first.

Basically, they're going to be awesome. I'm nervous about the price, but I am looking at it the way I've always looked at it. I try to run this business, and treat all of you guys, liked I'd like to be treated. I am going to price this next run at a price I'd buy it. Hopefully you all feel the same.

That's all folks. No timeline yet, but I'll keep everyone informed.

Stay sharp!
-Brian

That is awesome news Brian.

Last edited:
Cool!

Looking forward to it.

I'm certainly interested!

Glad to hear things are looking up for you.

Woah! That sounds wicked! Totally looking forward to the next run! I bet they're gonna sell like hot cakes. :)

And FFG CPM-20CV? Come on, man, it's like you've already got your hand in my wallet!

50% more is quite a lot, that knife is a thing of beauty but for us that have to deal with customs duties it could go over the top...:(
Even the original price is not exactly being within the financial means of most people...

Maybe to consider two versions, high-end US made one, and plain regular Joe one...with Jade scales of course :D

Is this the latest update on the availability of the companions? I would love to be able to buy one. Anyone have any idea of how long it will be before any more are available? 1 month, 6 months, one year? I apologize if this is obvious to everyone else or if I have missed something. Thanks!

Is this the latest update on the availability of the companions? I would love to be able to buy one. Anyone have any idea of how long it will be before any more are available? 1 month, 6 months, one year? I apologize if this is obvious to everyone else or if I have missed something. Thanks!

This is the latest update. We don't have a definitive time frame on when the next run will be available.

Saw CutleryLover's (Jeff) review on Youtube and instantly wanted one. I still want one... You sir, have a natural talent.

50% more is quite a lot, that knife is a thing of beauty but for us that have to deal with customs duties it could go over the top...:(
Even the original price is not exactly being within the financial means of most people...

I'd actually say that the most recent price could have easily been higher. The only annoying thing is that it's just barely above the threshold where customs starts charging fees here in Holland. (I had to pay €30 to release mine, which I sadly didn't have on me when the delivery guy showed up—meaning I had to wait until the end of the day, then go collect it at a nearby grocery store.)

Now, all I ask is that the handle scales are compatible on version 2. :)

Back