Are Some Benchmade Blades Interchangable?

I recently picked up a BM 904 - Mini Stryker II. The size is very similar to a mini grip, but the scales are much much better. Has anyone ever swapped blades between two Benchmade knives?

I'm not sure about the striker, you could try. The Presidio and Bone Collector are interchangeable though. :)

I recently picked up a BM 904 - Mini Stryker II. The size is very similar to a mini grip, but the scales are much much better. Has anyone ever swapped blades between two Benchmade knives?

What it appears that Benchmade did with that particular knife is they took the handle of the 915 Triage and slapped a tanto Stryker blade to it. You may have better luck swapping the blades on the 905 and the 915 than you would on the Mini or regular grips in that case. The example mentioned by Kirby is another one that can be done. That Bone Collector appears to be based off the Presidio. Basically, recycling existing parts and creating new Franken-Benchmades. Other companies have done it, but not to this extent. What I've noticed over the last 3 years or so, when a Benchmade branded knife gets discontinued, they shuffle it over to the Harley-Davidson or H&K lineup. Same shape and profile, just sold under a different name. This is not always the case. But it did happen to the Rukus series and some of the Osborne designs.

Back